then my mama was there with me and started full on fist-fighting him...

but i kept trying to get lucky to understand it wasn't her fault, but she still blames herself i know she does." i said and watched as amory listened.

"thank you.." i said and watched his face scrunch up into confusion.

"for what?" he asked putting the journal down.

"for listening and sticking wit me through this whole addiction shit and everything..." i said and he nodded his head.

"you was there for me when i needed you, so i was trying to do the same." he said then shyly smiled.

"and i 'preciate that." i said leaning forward and placed a kiss on his forehead.

he smiled at me before puckering his lips, i laughed then kissed him.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"zakiya tell amory hurry up." i said knocking on her door.

"don't rush him! plus i'm helping him get ready!" she yelled and i rolled my eyes.

"well hurry the fuck up i miss him." i said then placed my ear against the door.

i heard amory laugh and zakiya smack her lips,"bitch i'll send him downstairs when we're done!" she yelled.

i shook my head before walking downstairs and sat on the couch, i don't know why but i was actually nervous.

yeah i've taken people out on dates before but i wanted this one to be right, and it to go good.

"look like you about to shit on yo self." mama said and i smacked my lips then looked at her.

"mama stop i'm already nervous man.." i said and started looking at my nails.

"calm down, you and that boy made for each other...ain't never seen you this obsessed and loving wit someone." she said and i started thinking about it.

she was right, this the most involved i've ever been in any kinda relationship.

"damn...mama i gotta question.." i said and she looked at me.

"wassup??"

"umm...i don't know if it's to early to think this or not but...how'd you know you was in love wit mom?" i said and she stopped for a minute and stared into space.

"i'll have to say...it was a lil before i found out she was pregnant with you..

maybe the nights we stayed up with each other, laughing and watching movies instead of sleeping

or the times we fought but couldn't stay mad at each other for long, or how we always stayed in each others business after we claimed to be done with one another..." she said then laughed.

"i believe it was when i realized i couldn't picture myself with anyone else but her, she was the only girl i'd ever love so much and could actually make me change for the better." she said then looked at me and i nodded my head.

"what made y'all fall out for the first time like ever?" i asked and she shook her head getting up.

"yo mother damn hormones and she tried to leave my ass..not to mention she a bit abusive." i shook my head as she opened the bag she had.

"mama what the hell you plan on doing??" i asked looking at the rope and antifreeze.

"yourrrr in my businessss stay in a child's place." she said throwing the rope over her shoulder.

"mmm.." i hummed in response then got on my phone.

she left out the living room and i leaned my head back against the couch.

am i in love with amory? this quickly?

i shook the thoughts out my head when zakiya came downstairs,"you get my bestie flowers??" she asked me and i smacked my lips.

"i thought you was helping him get ready??" i said and she nodded her head.

"i am, he getting dressed right now." she said then sat beside me.

"where you taking him?" she asked me.

"outttt damn zakiya i got this." i said.

she mugged me,"bitch i just wanted to be nosey imma stay out yo business hoe." she said and i rolled my eyes.

"whatever bitch.." i mumbled as she got up.

she went back upstairs and i waited a little longer,"stand up and close yo eyes." i heard my mom say and i groaned.

"whyyy." i said and she cut her eyes at me.

i smacked my lips then got up and closed my eyes,"bitch it's cold..." i heard amory say and i laughed some.

"open sesame." i heard zakiya say and i shook my head before opening my eyes.

"goddamn..." i mumbled as i looked over amory's body.

he had on a white dress that was off the shoulders, it had slits that went all the way up to the thigh on both sides.

his dreads were up in a bun with a few hanging in his face,"you look...you look pretty as fuck." i said finally looking at his face.

cause he gotta fuckin body on him...

"thank you..." he said shyly, i pulled him into a hug and inhaled his scent.

"aweee look at my babies!!" i heard my mom say then a flash went off and amory laughed.

"mom stoppp." i said grabbing amory's hand.

"boy shut up and take him out." mom said and i rolled my eyes.

i quickly lead amory outside and opened the door for him then closed it once he got in.

"WAIT!!" i turned around and zakiya was running towards me.

"he gonna need these." she said handing me my gucci slides.

"just keep 'em at this point." i said handing them to him and he laughed.

"thanks." amory said.

"don't get pregnant we still gotta hot girl summer bitch!!" zakiya yelled.

"ight don't get him killed zakiya." i said then got in the car.

"hater..." she mumbled before walking back to the house.

"you really left without a change of shoes, know yo feet gonna get tired." i said looking at his clear stilettos.

"and you was gonna carry me." he said and gave me an innocent smile.

i shook my head as i put the car in drive,"we'll see.."