I Do

True to her word, the moment Miranda opened her eyes Vanessa was knocking on the bedroom door.

"Good morning! Wake up....are you two decent in there? I need to talk two about some things. And we have to go ahead and get your dress and suit today," Vanessa spoke loudly behind the door.

Ben groaned and pulled a covers up over their naked bodies. "Come in Vanessa," Ben said in a raspy voice.

Vanessa pranced into their bedroom with a notebook in one hand and Gia on her hip. "Hi Uncle's baby," Ben said sitting up and reaching for the baby.

"Ewwww are y'all naked? I'm not handing you my baby until you get dressed. Hurry up and meet me in the kitchen because we have a lot to discuss," Vanessa said quickly leaving.

Miranda giggled as she rolled over to face him. "Good morning Ben Warren," Miranda said kissing his chin.

"Hmmm good morning Miranda Bailey," Ben replied as he kissed her forehead and grabbed her booty.

"It's 6:30am and I don't have surgery until 10am," Miranda said with a groan in her voice.

Well I have to be at the station by 9 am. Let's just go talk to my baby sister so then she can take care of everything and all we have to do on Sunday is show up and get married," Ben said kissing her lips.

Ben and Miranda got dressed in some pajamas just to go talk with Vanessa about the wedding. When they walked into the kitchen Ben quickly took Gia out of Vanessa's arms and the bowl of food she was preparing for Gia and sat her in his lap to feed her.

"So we have to get your marriage licenses today and your outfits so make time during lunch so we can do that. What type of decorations, food and cake do you want? Also do you have someone who can officiate on such short notice?" Vanessa asked.

"Hmmm we probably won't need many decorations because we can just use the back yard. The only thing that needed to be done was finishing planting flowers everywhere and maybe more lights," Ben said calmly as he feed the baby.

"I don't really know what other type of flowers I want planted because I got all the ones I wanted already so you can choose whatever kind you think will go well with what's in the back yard," Miranda said.

"Ben likes chocolate cake, what type of cake do you prefer Miranda?" Vanessa asked as she wrote things down.

"I like red velvet cake," Miranda said as she made coffee.

Vanessa continued to talk to them about wedding details until they both needed to get ready for work. On the way out the door Vanessa reminded them that they needed to go get their marriage license during their lunch break.

Ben and Miranda met at the court house and went to the county of deeds office. Ben held Miranda's hand as they waited for their turn to apply for the marriage license. They didn't look at each other or talk as they waited, they just stood there and felt each other's presence. Ben had never felt so sure of something in his life and he didn't realize that just waiting to get their marriage license would make him nervous and excited. Miranda felt tingling coming from Ben's hand and she held it tighter. She felt her heart beating fast and she was trying to breathe normally but she couldn't seem to do so from being excited.

When it was their turn they both turned, looked at each other and smiled. After filling out the application they took turns signing their signatures. Ben let Miranda sign her name first and after Ben signed his he looked at Miranda as she glazed at him lovingly and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. They walked out of the courthouse with their marriage license and held hands as they walked to Miranda's car.