Back To You

They got to Miranda's SUV and Ben put his stuff in the trunk before insisting Miranda let him drive. The car ride to her house was silent but comfortable in between her giving him instructions on how to get there. As Ben drove he reached over, grabbed her hand and placed kisses on her hand making her whimper. He still had the ability to make her body scream so she knew this was going to be a interesting week.

They knew that they were spending time together but there wasn't talk about if they would let their attraction, and love for each other have its way or just spend time together as friends. When they arrived at Miranda's house Ben got out the car to open her door.

"This is a beautiful house Miranda," Ben complimented.

"Thank you," Ben she replied opening the front door.

Miranda quickly gave him a tour of her house and when they got down the hall where her bedroom was, "So which room will I be staying in?" Ben asked.

"Well this is the guest bedroom," Miranda quickly showed him and he took a peek.

"And this is my bedroom," Miranda said softly wanting to say he could sleep with her but not wanting to be too direct.

Ben walked around her bedroom looking at how beautiful it was decorated. He sat down on the bed and bounced a little, "Nice bed," he said.

"I think—I think I want to sleep in here," Ben said confident but slightly hesitant.

Miranda smirked, "okay, that's fine go get your bag," she told him.

After Ben grabbed his bag and sat back down on the bed as Miranda just watched him because it felt unreal that he was here.

"Miranda come here," Ben told her.

She walked toward him and stood between his legs as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She stroked his arms as he just looked at her face but she avoided his eyes.

"Miranda....look at me," Ben commanded and Miranda looked up at him for a moment and every emotion came to the surface and she burst into tears. Ben pulled her into his arms even more and scooted back on the bed letting Miranda weep and his tears fell silently. They cried for the way they lost touch, for the time they lost, the life they could've lived and for being reunited again.

Miranda woke up alone in her bed but she could here Ben moving around in her kitchen. Miranda got up, brushed her teeth before going to the kitchen. Ben turned around and smiled making her smile back as she leaned against the kitchen island and watched him make breakfast.

Ben wiped his hands on the kitchen towel and stepped towards Miranda, "You feeling okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah....sorry for crying," Miranda said.

"Don't apologize, I felt and understood what you were feeling completely," Ben said wrapping his arms around her.

"I just hate that we never got to have the life that we planned, we were supposed to get married and spend our whole life together. Don't get me wrong I love my son, he is the best thing that came from Tucker and I, but it was supposed to be you," Miranda confessed.

Ben let go of Miranda and turned to plate their breakfast and they sat down at the island to eat.

"I know it doesn't matter now because that time is long gone but did you love him the way you loved me when you got married," Ben inquired in a soft voice.

Miranda sat her coffee cup down, "ummm I still loved you when I married him and because you were my first love I didn't really expect to love him the way I loved you. But I loved him enough and at the time he was saying and doing all the right things and my dad really liked him—