Our Story

Early the next morning Ben and Miranda woke up and she was laying on his chest while his hand rested on her booty. They looked at each other when they heard a noise in the house and Ben quickly moved to get up to see where the noise was coming from. Ben grabbed his metal bat and Miranda walked behind him. When they got to the front of the house and around the corner, Tuck was standing in the kitchen eating leftovers from the fridge. Both Ben and Miranda took a breath of relief.

"William George why didn't you tell me you were coming," Miranda asked walking over towards her son.

"Sorry I just used my key since it's so early and I didn't want to call and wake you up. Hey Ben!" Tuck said still eating the food.

"Hey Tuck," Ben said with a chuckle in his voice as he sat the baseball bat down.

"Tuck I'm not a single woman anymore at least let mommy know that your coming so next time Ben and I aren't naked on the couch or something," Miranda said intentionally to disgust her son.

"Okay mom, you don't have to tell me that you and Ben are sexually active. Ben get your woman," Tuck said disgusted and Ben laughed as he wrapped his arms around Miranda's waist.

"Okay Miranda I think he gets it but he doesn't want to know how I—

Ben whispered something nasty in Miranda's ear that made her blush and laugh resulting in Tuck looking like he wanted to regurgitate the food he just ate.

"Wait I just realized something....last month mom told me you two hadn't talked all month and she wouldn't tell me why. Now we're here in the kitchen and you two are being super lovey dovey and disgusting. What happened?" Tuck asked raising his eyebrow.

"Wow you look just like your mother when you do that," Ben blurted out and Miranda turned her head and made the same face.

"Hmmm baby can we have that conversation in a couple hours when it's not 5am. We can all make breakfast together and talk," Miranda told Tuck.

Everyone went and laid down for a couple of hours and this time when Tuck woke up and came out of the guest room to the smell of bacon. When he made it to the kitchen Miranda was pouring batter into the waffle maker and Ben was making home fries.

"Good morning parents! Is that appropriate to say? I haven't experienced a two parent home since before I could remember," Tuck chuckled hesitantly.

"Are you asking am I going to become your parent? I guess technically I am when I marry your mother," Ben said.

"Wait so you're back together and you proposed?" Tuck asked.

"No, not formally....but we both agree that we're going to get married soon. And honestly I would've married her months ago....so yes technically soon you can see me as your parent. But you are a grown man and have a dad so I'm okay with us becoming good friends," Ben explained.

"Yeah I have a dad but you seem like a cool guy and I like you for my mom. And although my parents did a great job with me I always wanted the feeling of my parents being together and in love. So walking in to see and feel the love you have for each other makes the child in me happy. Even though I'm a man, I'm sure I can learn from you," Tuck expressed.

Miranda stood there trying not to cry as she listened to her men be so naturally open with each other. She knew that although Tuck had a great dad, Ben could still be influential to him. He already found him so easily to talk to about things he's never expressed to her or her ex husband.

"Tuck I didn't know you felt that way and I'm sorry you didn't get to grow up with the two parent home, with parents who were in love. And even though you are grown I do think that Ben can still parent you, it will just look different and more like a friendship," Miranda shared.

"Well now that we have healed my inner child, what happened last month when you two weren't talking," Tuck asked.

"Ummm I was grieving and in the process of grieving I made the serious mistake of shutting Miranda out," Ben shared.

"Tuck there is a lot to our love story that we didn't tell you the first time because along with the beautiful, good memories are some ugly, sad memories. Hmmm your grandparents are coming for dinner today for that reason," Miranda said.

"Me and Ben were in love and you know that when you're in love it makes you want to express it—

"So you and Ben were having sex at 15 years old basically," Tuck blurted.

"Yes," Ben said sheepishly.

"Your grandparents and my parents found out and rightfully so didn't approve so they tried to keep us away from each other. But that wasn't successful for very long," Ben said.

"We snuck out and had sex once more then I found out that we were moving away to come to North Carolina. When I found out I ran across the street to tell Ben and our parents tried to separate us in that moment and....

"In the heat of the argument we were all having a car sped down the road and hit her. That was the last time I saw your mother....her dad wouldn't let me get near her in the hospital and they moved away. They didn't come back to the house even after she was discharged from the hospital," Ben said feeling himself getting angry.

Miranda rubbed Ben's back as she fought back her own tears. "Why didn't grandpa and grandma let Ben see you? They understand what it's like to be in love," Tuck asked frustrated.

"I don't want you looking at your grandparents differently. They were just being parents that thought they were doing what was best because of the beliefs and thoughts they had about the way things should be. I was a daddy's girl and Ben came along and made me his girl which my daddy didn't like and he made it obvious. So some of his actions were tied to me being his little girl that this boy was stealing from him," Miranda explained.

"When we moved away I found out I was pregnant and I kept trying to get in contact with Ben to tell him but his number was changed—

"My parents changed our number and we ended up moving to a different house. I found out recently that your grandmother was able to get in contact with my mom through a mutual friend and she ended up knowing that Miranda was having our baby," Ben explained.

"Okay so if you have a baby together why didn't y'all just get back together and why do I have a whole sibling I don't know. Did they make you give the baby away?" Tucker asked.

"No my parents never told me Miranda was pregnant," Ben said getting emotional.

"Hmmmm I had our daughter and I had come up with a plan to travel back to Baltimore so that Ben could meet her and we could figure things out from there. The very day that we were going to be leaving I woke up to feed her and found her not breathing....she died from SIDS," Miranda said as she wiped her tears.

Tuck sat there in shock as he watched Ben and Miranda console each other and hearing what they experienced made him emotional as well. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that," Tuck said in a low voice.

"It's okay we've been working through the issues and we still are," Miranda replied.

"So I was grieving the loss of our daughter that I never got to know. Grieving the loss of what could have been if our well beings were truly considered. Grieving the loss of not being able to help your mom through the pregnancy and birth. And I was a little jealous because Miranda did get to know her for a short time and I didn't so I didn't want to talk to her," Ben shared.

"But I just couldn't continue to not be with her because she is the love of my life and I need her. And now we get to be together for the rest of our lives," Ben said kissing the side of her head.

"Somedays we are still grieving the loss of not having been able to spend the majority of our lives together but things happened how they needed to for whatever reason. And I got to have you....after Daniella I was afraid to be a parent again. I watched you like a hawk for a long time," Miranda said.

"So do you feel sad that you don't have living children together," Tuck asked.

"I honestly do but I think Miranda does okay because she has you. But yes I struggle with that because I literally have always wanted to be a dad. But in life you have pains and joys to deal with. The biggest thing for me is that I have the love of my life back so I'm satisfied with that," Ben expressed.