Family Matters

Ben woke up and looked at Miranda sleeping on her stomach. She looked so beautiful and at peace so Ben rolled over and began kissing all over her face.

"Benjamin Warren I'm tired," Miranda said then groaned.

"Well I leave in a few hours so you might want to get up so we can spend these last few hours together," Ben said.

"I know just how I want to spend these last few hours....tiring you out so that whole plane ride you just sleep and dream about what we're about to do," Miranda said seductively as she kissed his lips and pulled him closer. Just as they were about to be deep into their make out session the door bell rang.

"Ummm did you order breakfast Ben?" Miranda asked holding his head as he kissed her neck and breast.

"No it might just be someone trying to sell something," Ben replied as he moved Miranda's leg around his waist.

The doorbell rang again, "Ben baby can you go see who it is," Miranda asked as she received more kisses on her neck.

"Okay, ima get rid of them and then we can continue our love session," Ben said jumping up and putting his t-shirt on. Ben walked into the foyer, opened the door and there was the young man in Miranda's Facebook photos.

Tuck looked at Ben confused and then he turned around and looked inside the house seeing a photo of him and his mom. " For some weird reason I thought I was at the wrong house," Tuck said reassuring himself.

"No, you must be Tuck, I knew right away because you have Miranda's face," Ben said excited.

"Yeah and who are you," Tuck asked politely but concerned.

"Oh sorry I'm Benjamin Warren but you can call me Ben. I am Miranda's....your mom's uhhh—

"Friend," Tuck said doing quotation marks with his fingers.

Just in time Miranda walked out from the bedroom to the front to see Ben letting her son in. "William George what are you doing here?" Miranda asked excited as she greeted her son.

"Well I wanted to surprise you with a visit but it looks like I should have called first," Tuck said hugging Miranda.

Miranda blushed and smiled, "Well I guess I don't have to introduce you two seeing as you probably already did. Tuck still lives in Seattle but he comes to visit me several times throughout the year," Miranda said and explained to Ben.

"Yeah he knew I was your son and he said he is your friend," Tuck said with quotation marks.

Miranda looked at Ben and raised her eyebrow as she moved closer to him and touch his abdomen. "So I'm just a friend huh," Miranda asked and Tuck scrunched up his face.

"Well I didn't think I should tell him alone, we can tell him together," Ben said putting his arm around her waist.

"Tell me what?" Tuck asked and Miranda lead them to the kitchen.

Ben and Miranda started moving around the kitchen taking ingredients out to make breakfast. Tuck watched as they seemed to move effortlessly with and around each other and any feelings of apprehension faded quickly.

"You two move like you have known each other for a long time so how long have you been keeping this to yourself mom?" Tuck asked.

Ben and Miranda looked at each other and smiled. Ben cleared his throat, "Well we were best friends—

"And high school sweethearts....we reconnected a little over a month ago. He has been here to visit for a week, but he goes back today," Miranda explained sadly.