Family Matters: Part 2

This is probably the longest chapter I've written but enjoy. 😊

Miranda had been back at work for a week now and she'd completely thrown herself into work so she didn't have to think about missing Ben. Though their daily morning and night talks were helpful it still just made her miss him more. Miranda realized that she'd been so busy she hadn't gone to the house to check on her parents and she definitely didn't go while Ben was here.

Once she got off work she grabbed some groceries and decided to go over there to cook since she had been missing for the past two weeks. Miranda pulled up to her parents house and got out of the car. Every time she came to visit it brought back all the memories of her late teens. Memories she didn't care to remember because she was depressed during that time. Miranda knocked on the door and smiled knowing that her dad was going to answer it.

"Baby girl HEY!" William greeted Miranda.

"Mandy!" Elaina exclaimed as she hugged her.

"Hey mom and dad I came over to cook for you," Miranda told them.

"Oh thank God because I really wasn't in the mood to cook tonight, the Lord heard my cry," Elaina said walking into the kitchen behind Miranda.

"Well I'm going to come watch just because it's been two whole weeks since we've seen you baby girl. What kept you so busy that you wouldn't call or come check on your elderly parents for that long?" William asked.

Miranda smiled sheepishly knowing her dad was right because she usually visited them at least twice a week. I had someone come into town to visit me and I was busy with him and then this week I was trying to catch up at work," Miranda explained as she began to cook.

"You said him....who is this man that came into town and spent time with you? You weren't being fast and spreading your legs for him all week were you," Elaina questioned Miranda as she helped her cook.

"Mom I thought you said you didn't want to cook? And I am a grown woman with a grown son and a big job so...." Miranda said pausing not sure how to finish her sentence.

Both her parents looked at her with their eyebrows raised. "So did you decide to spend the week with some man letting him spread your legs like I said," Elaina said laughing a little.

"What now that he's gone your parents are important again," William questioned.

"I've spent 35 years away from him so yes I took a whole week to be with just him," Miranda blurted out and quickly wished she didn't.

Miranda looked at her mom's face as she immediately put it together because her mother only knew of two of the three men she'd been with. "You said 35 years ago Miranda what are you talking about," William asked obliviously.

"Benjamin Warren....I spent the week with Benjamin Warren," Miranda said softly.

William looked up at his daughter as if he'd seen a ghost and Elaina just looked shocked and slightly happy. Miranda could feel the tense in the air because of all that happened.

"Well how did y'all find each other," Elaina asked.

"He found me on Facebook, thought that it was me and took a chance to message me. We'd been talking on the phone and video chatting for about three weeks and then he asked could he come visit," Miranda shared.

William was quiet and just listened at first, "So once again you put the same boy over your family. You didn't even pay Tucker that much attention so what is it about this Benjamin Warren that even after 35 years. 35 years apart is a lifetime so you don't even know the man, he could be married and you dedicated a week to him," William said harshly.