"He's been a great driver. Only looks away from the road when I take my shirt off." She watched the boys eyes grow wide and his cheeks flush breaking her instantly. "I'm fucking with you Jake, I've been asleep for half the ride"

"How was I supposed to know? After what happened at the bar I wouldn't put it past you two. He didn't shut up about it all night. 'Luanne is like honey. Luanne is like stepping into a whole new reality. Luanne has the prettiest eyes. Luanne is like the glow of the sun on a warm day.' Very poetic that one." Jake watched her cheeks glow knowing that he definitely said too much about his twin's rambling. 

When Luanne fell back into the passenger seat Josh noticed her red face and Jake walking out behind her. Christ, what did he say to her? She had four Diet Coke bottles nestled into her arms silently sitting in the seat. Should he ask her what happened? When she placed the bottles on the floor he expected her to say something but she remained quiet. 

"Luanne? You alright?" He asked as softly as he could without trying to upset her. 

"You mind if I do something?" She was quick with her words. "Anything you want. Ever. Do you need anything?" He fumbled around for his wallet in case it was money related. 

As the boys and Emmeline drove out of the parking lot he felt her hand move to the side of his cheek. Without warning she leaned in and he instantly moved closer ending the separation. This time the kiss was not quick and hard. This kiss was soft and passionate. He instantly cupped the sides of her face wanting to feel every inch of her. 

Within seconds she climbed over the center console in the car now gently straddling his lap. He moved a hand to her back securing her in place. David Bowie played quietly in the background as she pushed her hands into his hair holding as tight as he was. He could taste the soda and cigarette smoke still on her lips. When she finally leaned back he explored her eyes seeing that swirl of colors he had grown accustomed to. 

"Wanted to make sure it wasn't a one time thing." Luanne finally spoke letting out a deep breath before placing her head to his chest. 

"It never would have been a one time thing." It came out more high pitched than Josh had intended but she had that effect on him. He couldn't think straight. 

"We can't fall in love though, Josh. You have your band and I have my job." She said before climbing back into the passenger seat putting her camera back around her neck and flipping it on pointing it toward him. 

"This is Josh Kiszka speaking to Luanne Faye Clarke's camera. For one month I am going to try not to fall in love with her. We are on day 5 and she just climbed into my lap so it appears I am winning." He was lying through his teeth, she seemed to buy it though rolling her eyes with that warm laugh. 

As they pulled into the public campground Luanne struggled to contain her laugh getting out of the car. Josh had been doing an impression of Sam talking about music and put on an elegant proper accent with a cigarette dangling from his lips. Looking at the others they all had wide eyes on Luanne who stared back at them. 

"What do you all need?" She asked with a raised brow. 

"For the love of god don't let them cook. I will give you any amount of money to cook instead." Danny pleaded with her. 

Letting out a cackle she walked past them grabbing supplies before getting to work. Emmie was laying with her head in Sam's lap batting at his dangling hair hanging in her face. It warmed her to see her friends genuine smile. The blonde had those starstruck eyes she had only ever seen at a Harry Styles concert two years ago. Sam matched her though, letting her light his cigarette and taking it from his mouth. The Sam she met 5 days ago was not the same one she was looking at now. 

Luanne heard Josh coming before he even reached her jumping in front with her camera in his hands. He put it towards her face making her laugh as she prepared a burger for Emmie. His smile was ear to ear looking at her and she could be brought to tears just looking at him. Her little piece of sunshine. 

"You look pretty while cooking Luanne Faye." He spoke without hesitation making her cheeks grow pink. 

"Joshua Michael you are incredibly straight forward." She didn't look up as he sat down in a chair to the right of her. 

"I could be more poetic. I think you are the embodiment of what humanity should be. Warm and inviting, enjoying life in it's purest form. I've never met anyone like that before in my life." As his words hit her ears, Luanne glanced up seeing the lens pointed toward her with the grinning boy behind it. 

"Go set up for dinner Joshua. No more flattering the cook." She laughed as he kissed her cheek before running up to the others laid out on towels. 

Luanne wanted to smack herself for what she said earlier. What she said was true, they couldn't fall in love. There was too much on the line with this job, the producer for the movie knew her dad and was giving her a chance. Not only her but Emmie too. She couldn't fuck it up. 

Danny gazed at the auburn haired girl cook for them basking in the smell. Watching his friend set up plates he couldn't help his smile. Josh had told them that they weren't going to fall in love but Danny knew better. If Luanne had been younger he would've fallen for her too. He wasn't sure what would happen but he couldn't deny the joy in Josh's eyes. Looking towards his best friend with Emmie in his lap he was the most shocked. 

Sammy was staring deeply at the blonde with a lopsided grin. Every word he had ever uttered to Josh flew out the window the minute Em touched his hand. The green of her eyes nearly matched his bass and he was trembling at the sight of them. Her little laugh as she flicked her small grey lighter listening to him tell stories of the boys had him wrapped around her finger. Quickly he tossed his bag toward Josh who stared confused. 

"The cigs in there are yours now. Keep em. I understand now." Sam grinned at the confused blonde staring up at him. 

Seeing Luanne turn around with that dimple showing, Josh tossed the bag back to Sammy. 

"To 30 days brother." Josh mumbled before helping the girl carry food over.