Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Where did you learn how to set up a cheese board?" Kai asked as he ate an olive.

"You know, you'd be surprised at how much you can learn from the internet. It's kinda like knowledge from the whole world is stored there or something." Roan answered, making Kai roll his eyes as he playfully slapped his boyfriend's arm.

Kai rested his head on Roan's shoulder as the movie played. Roan chuckled when Kai whistled at the scene where Robert Pattinson first comes on screen. He really should've known Kai was gay the first time they watched the movie together, no straight guy would've reacted this way.

The two devoured the cheese board pretty quickly, and when they were halfway done with the movie, Roan got up to get dinner. Kai paused the movie as he waited patiently for Roan to come back. The smile on Kai's face became wider once he noticed what Roan had cooked.

"You made biryani?" Kai asked as Roan set down the plates.

"Told you I would find a way to appease your Indian side." Roan shrugged as he sat down next to Kai.

Kai leaned forward to quickly peck Roan's lips before he focused his gaze on the food. Roan resumed the movie as Kai took a bite, the blonde just stared at his boyfriend, waiting to see his reaction.

"This is so fucking good, I can't believe you made it for the first time." Kai said before stuffing his face again.

"I may have made it a couple of time at Kingsley's place for practical," Roan shrugged, "I didn't want to risk it and bomb dinner."

"How long have you been planning all this?" Kai asked.

"Oh y'know," Roan scratched the back of his neck, "Just a few days. Or weeks. I dunno."

"Weeks?" Kai asked, surprised, and Roan just shrugged casually as he turned back to look at the screen.

The two ate their dinner as they focused on the screen, only talking in the middle to make random comments about the movie. Roan recalled how seriously they had seen the movie when it had first come out, and now they were just watching it ironically. But the nostalgia was hitting all the right spots.

"This was fun," Kai smiled as the end credits rolled, "I forgot how hot Taylor Lautner was."

"I thought you were an Edward boy?" Roan raised a brow.

"Sh," Kai shushed his boyfriend, "Tonight was fun, Ro, thank you."

"It's not over yet." Roan said as he licked his lower lip.

"Hm?" Kai asked, "What's next? Did you decorate our bed with rose petals?"

"As romantic as that sounds in theory, I really don't want rose petals getting stuck in my ass crack while I'm trying to make sweet, sweet love to you." Roan answered.

"Ah," Kai grinned, "Always the practical one."

"Okay. Give me a minute." Roan said as he got up and rushed to his laptop. He looked up to see Kai, who was already watching him with curious eyes. Roan inhaled deeply as he opened the file he had spent a long time preparing, and pressed play.

"Kai, sweetie look at the camera." Kriti, Kai's mom said as she focused the camera on a four year old Kai.

Roan and Kai were in an inflatable pool in Kai's backyard. Kai was holding a rubber duck, and Roan was glaring at the brunette who didn't seem to notice.

"Kai, that's not your duck, give it back to Roan." Bruce said softly. Kai looked at the camera with a frown before throwing the duck out of the pool.

"Oh my god," Kai laughed as he watched the video, "I was such an ass. And then the next day at school you sneaked the duck in my bag."

"You really seemed to like it." Roan shrugged as the next video played.