Chapter Thirty Three

Roan smiled as he saw Kai walking towards him. He was sitting on the grass in one of the fields of the college campus, relaxing between classes. Kai, too, had a break in between and decided to join the blonde.

Kai came and sat in between Roan's legs, resting his back on his boyfriend's chest. Roan pressed a kiss on Kai's cheek, greeting him.

"What's wrong, hun?" Roan asked.

"I feel like we gave our finals just yesterday and graduated from school and now we have our first semester exams coming up." Kai sighed.

"And you're going to ace them just like you aced the finals." Roan reassured.

"I'm not going to sign up for photography classes next sem." Kai stated.

"Have you narrowed down on what you want your major to be?" Roan asked.

"I still don't know," Kai groaned, "How did you decide on business studies?"

"I want to run a business someday." Roan answered with a light shrug.

"That simple?" Kai questioned.

"Yep."

"Ugh," Kai leant his head back, resting it on Roan's shoulder, "How are you so sorted and decisive?"

"One of us has to be." Roan let out a small yelp as Kai slapped his thigh.

"Don't be mean," Kai pouted, "Why can't you make the decision for me?"

"Because it's your life?" Roan deadpanned.

"Be a controlling boyfriend and take charge! I give you permission!" Kai joked.

"No thanks," Roan replied with a roll of his eyes, "I raised you to be independent."

"We're the same age, bitch, you didn't raise me." Kai said.

"I'm like nine months older than you." Roan retorted.

"That doesn't count!" Kai scoffed.

"It so does." Roan stated.

"No, it doesn't!" Kai frowned.

"It does." Roan bent down to give Kai a kiss.

"Idiot," Kai muttered, "Thinks he can distract me with a kiss."

At this, Roan held Kai's jaw, tilting his head back so that he could bend down and kiss him properly. He connected their lips, biting on Kai's lower up gently. Kai gripped Roan's thigh as the blonde kissed him deeper, his tongue exploring Kai's mouth.

After a few seconds, Roan let go, leaving Kai breathless.

"What were you saying?" Roan asked.

"Huh?"

"Thought so."

"You're such an idiot," Kai groaned, "We're in public!"

"So?" Roan asked.

"So you can't just kiss me like that." Kai pouted.

"Why? You ashamed of me, hm?" Roan raised a questioning brow, jokingly. Kai rolled his eyes before raising his hand, placing it at the back of Roan's neck and pulling him down to kiss him just as deeply as he had done moments ago.

"Does that seem like I'm ashamed of you?" Kai questioned.

"Keep it in your pants, Nahar, we're in public," Roan smirked as Kai gave him a 'really?' look. After a moment of silence, Roan spoke up again, on a serious note this time, "How are you feeling about going home soon?"

"I don't know," Kai admitted, "I love that town to pieces, y'know? But dad has moved back to France and mom's barely ever home.. Dad will be coming for Christmas but I dunno, it'll be my first time seeing either of them since the divorce."