Chapter Five

"So, who is it?" Roan asked Kai during their calculus class.

"Who is who?"

"The girl you're going out with." Roan cleared.

"How do you know it's a girl?" Kai rose an eyebrow.

"Because you're straight?" Roan retorted with a raised brow of his own, making Kai blush as he realised what he just implied.

"Oh yeah, right. I forgot." Kai muttered.

"You forgot your own sexuality?" Roan tried not to smile.

"I have a lot of things on my mind, okay?" Kai snapped, "Her name is Lexa."

"Whose?" Roan asked.

"The girl I'm going on a date with?" Kai said.

"Oh," Roan nodded, "Dunno her."

"Yeah, you do," Kai furrowed his brows, "She's been in school with us since kindergarten."

"Huh."

"Lexa? With the red hair and blue eyes? Always wears high top converse?" Kai tried to help Roan jog his memory.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Roan shrugged.

"You suck at names." Kai stated.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Nah."

"Okay," Kai paused, "Name three people in our class."

"Sure, A—" Roan was cut off by Kai.

"They don't count if they're in the football team with us."

"Oh," Roan muttered, looking around the class to see if he recognised anyone, "That's, uh, that's Janice."

"That's Jenny." Kai corrected.

"Close enough." Roan grumbled, making Kai laugh.

"You're an idiot." Kai chuckled.

"No, you." Roan retorted.

"You can't uno reverse in real life, sweetie." Kai replied.

"You can't uno reverse in real life, sweetie." Roan mocked in a high pitched voice.

"Oh, you—"

"Mr. MacElroy and Mr. Nahar, is there anything you'd like to tell the class? Maybe whatever it is that is having you both laugh in my class?" The teacher interrupted the banter between the boys.

"No, we're sorry Mrs—" Kai was cut off by Roan.

"Yeah, actually we were talking about how the education system is a scam and that it teaches us nothing but how to be sheep that follows orders blindly and—"

"Detention!"

~~~

Roan could tell that Kai was pissed at him, but Roan wasn't feeling any guilt whatsoever. Kai was staring at the same page of his history textbook ever since they started their detention twenty minutes ago. Only forty minutes more till they were free to leave.

Roan knew what he said in class wasn't wrong, and most teachers would've had a decent discussion with him about it. But not their calculus teacher, Mrs. Jackson who was nearing her sixties, was very set in her traditional ways, and didn't like to hear any critisism whatsoever.

"Keep reading. I'll be back in two minutes." The teacher incharge of overseeing detention said before leaving the room.

"He's not going to be back until there's five minutes left," Said the only other person in detention apart from Kai and Roan, "I'm out till then."