Chapter Twenty Nine

Few months later.

Kai slammed the door shut behind him as he walked inside the apartment. He dropped his bag on the floor, sighing as he sat on the high stool at the kitchen counter.

"What's up your ass?" Roan asked as he placed the lid on top of the pan before turning around to face his best friend.

"Not Jake's dick anymore," Kai said, "He broke up with me."

"Why?" Roan asked as he washed his hands before wiping them dry on his apron.

"Why do you think?" Kai looked at him with a tired expression on his face.

"He finally realised you're way out of his league and he can never be good enough for you?" Roan answered immediately without hesitation.

"I wish," Kai snorted, "He thinks I'm in love with you."

"Ouch," Roan scrunched his nose, "What did he say?"

"Asked me to choose between you and him." Kai replied.

"And what did you say?"

"Well, I'm here, aren't I? Instead of getting my duck sicked by him," Kai answered in an obvious tone, "Wait.. Dick sucked."

"Is that a hint? You want me to get on my knees, honey?" Roan smirked, making Kai roll his eyes, "To sick your duck?"

"See! This is exactly why Jake and pretty much everyone thinks we're secretly dating!" Kai stated as he raised a hand in disbelief.

"This is like Olivia all over again." Roan chuckled.

"Hm?" Kai furrowed his brows, "I thought you both broke up because she was insecure and was convinced that you would end up cheating on her?"

"Yeah," Roan nodded, "Cheat on her with you."

"Oh," Kai was a little surprised, "You didn't tell me that."

"You had just started seeing Jake so I didn't want to.. I don't know," Roan shrugged, "Plant a seed of doubt?"

"Wouldn't have made a difference," Kai stated, "Olivia wasn't the first one to have doubts and she's definitely not the last."

"You think we're ever going to find someone that won't ask us to choose between us or them?" Roan wondered out loud, and Kai simply shrugged in response.

"Do we have any beer?" Kai asked.

"Bottom shelf of the fridge." Roan answered.

Kai got up from the stool and walked over to fridge, bending down and taking out two bottles of beer. He handed one to Roan, and opened his own with his teeth, making Roan roll his eyes as he used the bottle opener.

"To finding a partner that loves us and doesn't ever doubt us." Kai sighed as he raised his bottle, clinking it with Roan's before taking a long sip.

Roan untied his apron, taking it off and hanging it in its place. He was only wearing a vest, that showed off his arms and his pecs, and a pair of basketball shorts. He smiled as Kai stared at him, oblivious that he was even doing so.

"Did you spend your whole day fighting with Jake or did you attend your classes too?" Roan asked.

"I only had one class today and I got late because of the whole Jake shit so I decided to miss it and finish my photography assignment instead." Kai said.

"Kai!" Roan looked at Kai with a look of disapproval, "I told you that you have to keep your education first and your dating life second. Or third. After me, ofcourse."