[Songfic] In Another Life

Timeline-: After war.

AU-: Cale knows he is going to die, so he recorded a video of him singing for a precious someone. Raon found that tape and played it for everyone to watch.
__________________________________________________

Song-: The one that got away.
By-: Katy Perry

"On-Noona! Hong-Hyung! Look!"

"What is it Raon?"

"What is that?"

The three children averaging 13 years old children in their human form, went to one of the hidden side of the room and found something.

"It's a..recording device?"

"Hmm? Can we watch whatever inside with others?"

Hong asked. He wanted to do those family night their father, Cale told them about.

And the two agreed.

So they call almost everyone excluding Cale, becuse they decided to let him rest today since he looked tired.

"Goldie gramp hurry!"

"Hah..this kid."

Eruhaben place down the recording device on top of a table.

Around it there was the three children, Eruhaben, Rosalyn, Alberu who somehow just ditched his paperworks and Choi Han.

Others seemed to have something to do for the moment so only them can watch it together.

<"Does this thing work?">

Cale is on the recording trying to get the device's work, almost made them jump.

They didn't expect that at all.

<"I'll just smack the back of tha piggy bank head if it didn't work..">

They laugh at Cale's mumbles. They knew exactly who is this 'Piggy Bank' guy is.

<"Alright, if you find this, gave it to Alberu. Or if you also wants to see it then..do whatever you want.">

Now they're hesitant to watch this recording, glancing at the said emperor who just gave them a smile.

They understood and stay there to watcb ut together.

<"I'm not good so don't laugh..">

They watch as Cale in the recording sat down and put his hands on a piano.

Bow they're even more excited to see what and since when does this ex-commandate of them can play piano.

What did they not expect is that, Cale in the recording also sings along.

<"Summer after plaza when we first met.">

Since they didn't know what is this song are nor that they know that Cake alter the lyrics for a bit, they git taken a back by his vouce.

It sounds so..alluring and peaceful.

<"You let me in your carriage and inside the palace.">

Alberu remember those memories of how the two met each other and starts developed trust.

He smile of thar fact.

<"And on my 19th birthday, we got matching earrings.">

Everyone looked at Alberu who seems to be looking down with loving eyes while touching those ruby earrings of his.

They know exactly what those looks are for.

"Noona, does that means we're gonna have another dad?"

Hong whisper to his sister who just smile at him, like how Cale always does to them.

<"Use to loot those corrupted humans and scamed you.">

Everyone laugh at that while Alberu just grumble. He really just add those facts.

<"Talk about the future like we had a clue.">

"This bastard-hah.."

Alberu felt frustrated. He feels like something bad's about to happen to them.

He frown even more when he heard the continuation.

<"Never thought that one day..I'd be losing you..">

"Goldie gramp, what is human talking about? Uncle cookie is here."

"I don't know..Raon."

The seventh if them look and listen more closely to the recording. They did not expect what's about to happen.

<"In another life..I would be your boy..">

Another life? What does Cale means? And why is he singing this soft but sad song that apparently for the Emperor Alberu anyways?

<"We'd keep all out promises..be us against the world..">

They watch as Cale in the recording looked so sad while facing the device as if it's them.

He had a pitiful smile on his face.

<"In another life..you're gonna make me stay, so you don't have to say that I was..the one that got away..">

Alberu can't take it anymore. This feelings, the urge that told him to go to Cale is just..so overwhelming.

So he grab the device that is still playing and ran towards Cale's room just to see he was sleeping so peacefully..

"Human?"

<"The one that got away..">

Alberu walks slowly toward Cale's body. He can't believe these thought of his.

Cale wouldn't do anything this bad to him..right?

<"I'm sorry Alberu, I can't stay with you..">

The others finally understand what Alberu was doing after those few words.

Theie beloved young master has-

<"Take care of my-no..take care of our children, On, Hong and Raon..">

Alberu knees got weaken.

As he fall to the ground, Eruhaben help catching the recording decive whole the three children quickly made their way to their father.

Sounds of crying and shouting that comes from inside those room really did attracted few people nearby

Even more after these last words.

<"I'm sorry I have to go now..I love you all..">

*****

Fuck! Why did I do this to myself?
I don't like nor that I can take angsty shit, but I still write a bunch of it.
Why????