seventy-two: damnatio memoriae

Start from the beginning

༺❀༻

Kennedy walked into Malia's house, tilting her head to the side. "He looks like he hasn't showered." She said as she looked at the hostage Braeden brought in. She tilted her head in distaste as she circle the chair he was in. "Have we gotten anything out of him yet?"

"No, but did you call her?"

Kennedy stayed silent as the front door slowly opened. Braeden, Malia, and Kennedy slowly looked at the door as they watched Sloane standing in all of her deadly glory. Wearing a black top and leather jacket, Sloane slowly stepped into the Tate house. Malia stayed right next to Kennedy, waiting for the Valet's next move.

Sloane looked at the man tied in the chair, and back at the two teenage girls. "Malia, it's so nice to formally meet you," She said with a small smile. Malia looked down at Sloane's hand but didn't shake it. Sloane tilted her head as she lowered her hand, narrowing her eyes in distaste. "Right,"

"We just want your help with the Desert Wolf. Nothing more, nothing less." Kennedy deadpanned to her mother. Sloane looked at Kennedy, and for a moment the daughter wondered if she saw a look of sincerity and care in her mother's eyes.

"Of course. Anything I can do," Sloane turned towards the man in the chair again. She looked him up and down, before bringing his face towards her knee. He screamed out in pain as his head fell backward. "I can get this asshole to talk,"

Kennedy and Malia both asked questions while Braeden and Sloane used violence to try and get something out of the hostage. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Every now and again Kennedy wondered if bringing her mother into this without telling Scott or Stiles was a mistake. Her mom was working with the Dread Doctors and Theo Raeken. However, something in Kennedy's gut told her Sloane never wanted Kennedy dead. It also told her Sloane was hiding something. Something Kennedy had yet to figure out.

Sloane paused in the middle of punching the hostage in the face. She looked over, her eyes scanning the area as she looked at Malia and Kennedy. "Did you tell anyone else about this?"

"No." Malia deadpanned.

"Someone's here."

Malia and her sister both rushed towards the window. A familiar motorcycle came into view. "Scott," The sisters said at the same time. Suddenly, the hostage broke his chai, swinging a piece of broken wood towards Braeden. Braeden and Sloane began to wrestle the hostage.

Kennedy looked over, "Guys, be quiet or we are all severely screwed!" She hissed. Sloane growled as she pinned the hostage to the ground, holding both of his wrists with one hand while the other covered his mouth. Braeden helped, the two of them hoisting the hostage out of sight from the front door.

The Tate pursed her lips as she slipped out the front door on to her porch. "You didn't have to come all the way out here." She called out to Scott as he climbed off his bike. Kennedy stayed hidden, listening to the conversation.

"You weren't answering your phone."

Scott jogged up the steps, and Malia stepped back. "I can't help you. Not right now." She told him.

"What if I told you that you're the only one that I have left?" Scott asked. Kennedy pursed her lips, looking down.

"You're not going to want my help."

"Anything that happened between us-"

Malia cut the True Alpha off, "I'm talking about something that's going to happen. Something I'm going to do. And you're not going to like me much after I do it." She told him with a stern face. Scott didn't like killers. After all, look what he did to Kennedy without even knowing the full story. Imagine what he'd think of the Hale sisters when he realizes they've teamed up with Sloane Valet to defeat Malia's mom. No, not defeat, kill.