Cousins but brothers

Shin led Itachi away from the tree in silence, simply didn't know what to say. Itachi hadn't meant to, Itachi had all the right to say what he did, but the Uchiha pulled a rather thin cord with a lot of force. 
He wishes, incredibly so, that he could do more for his brother, Itachi can easily share the sentiment. When they first met it was odd, Itachi despite being an Uchiha seems so open-minded, calm and strategic, it makes Shin forget Itachi isn't even an adult yet, still a child. 

Itachi doesn't seem at all remorseful Shin noted, he didn't expect the Uchiha to be, but it stings regardless. He never wanted a superior, but he knows how to tell the difference between reality and that of a dream. 

Eventually they had to slow down to a civilian pace, much to Itachi's not so well-hidden irritation. The boy wanted to grab his cousin, run back to the tree and demand answers with Shisui to back him up. But Shin wasn't a ninja, he wasn't Anbu, he was a civilian and running across rooftops and matching Itachi's speeds would be a sure-fire way to get him caught. 

He committed treason, anyone who understood the circumstances would have agreed with him encouraged him, but treason is treason, and it does not go without its risks. He would have never left if Sai had let him, he knew his fate, he accepted it. 

Blinking a few times to get rid of the train of thought, he realized they were entering the Uchiha compounds borders. The walls were tallish, thick grey concrete that separated the Uchiha's from the rest of the village. Now that he knows the Uchiha's possible future it makes him question how he never noticed before. 

"Is he really your superior?" Itachi said, finally breaking the tense silence that lapped the two. Shin dipped his head, "Indeed." A simple yet ambiguous answer. Itachi scrutinized Shin before crossing his arms, slightly picking up the pace. His patience, usually strong has wilted. 

Shin sighed, "It really is complicated, and yet I feel you are going to be told exactly how it works soon." He reassured Itachi weakly. Itachi didn't respond, although Shin feels the boy is likely just stuck in his own thoughts. 

After a couple of odd or scrutinizing looks later, they made it to the small section of the village that held the elders, chief and other related higher ups. Shisui lived next to the Chief's house, being a close relative to the family. 

Itachi looked at the house before mumbling something to himself, staying behind Shin waited a few feet away as Itachi knocked on the door. As the door opened, Shisui looked at Itachi then passed, most likely having sensed Shins own chakra signature, he gave Shin a calculative look before turning his attention to Itachi. 

They exchanged a couple of words, but the tenseness Itachi held seemingly spread to Shisui's own form. Their body language screamed tension. Shisui glanced at Shin, he could tell that Shisui was thinking, but after a few more minutes the two Uchiha's turned towards Shin. 

"We will be going ahead of you." Shisui said cooly. Itachi was looking away, and something about that stung Shin. He didn't bother with a response, he just turned around, and walked away. While he held hope that he could have done more, an Uchiha's stubbornness was in a class of its own, and Shin can admit that it's something he cannot compete with. 

The two body flickered a few moments later, Shin glanced at where they stood before turning into an ally. He didn't have to be there for the conversation, he didn't want to be there. But regardless a tightness in his chest warned him that nothing would be the same afterwards. 

He knew of Sasuke's fate and said nothing. Itachi nor Shisui will ever forgive him for such a thing. He wouldn't. Had it been Sai or feigned his kidnapping, disappearing without a trace. 

It only took four minutes for the two Uchiha's to arrive, they tugged at the vines harshly, some ripped from their place on the tree, falling onto the ground. The leaves were falling, but they didn't crunch.