All actions have consequences.

Shikamaru felt himself shiver as he found himself inside the walls. He doesn't feel all the welcomed anymore, not that anyone was telling him that. But the rain didn't feel all that inviting.

Both he and Naruto have extreme chakra drainage, again. His father won't let him off the hook no matter what he does, and Naruto? Naruto might get locked up for this, being the Jinchuriki and all.

Shikamaru huffed as he stopped walking they were about to be in the village, and not the outskirts. "Should we run towards someone? Act all frantic?" Shikamaru suggested with a shrug. Naruto's eyebrows furrowed, "Your father would never believe you." Shikamarus shoulders drooped, he was right. His father is the furthest thing from being an idiot.

"Ok. Then, let's tell the truth." Shikamaru said with a sigh. Naruto looked at Shikamaru before nodding. "It would honestly get us in the least trouble." He admitted.

"There's no harm in changing the story though." Naruto said with a sigh.

Shikamaru didn't respond but knew Naruto had a point. They can't really just explain the barrier they made, not to mention his sudden perfection of the shadow capture jutsu.

The walk was silent, not until they were found anyway.

Shikamaru scoffed to himself as he heard barks a few blocks away. They should have washed off the caked blood on themselves, or at least covered it in mud. The rain is unforgiving but the blood was dried on his body from when he rested in the tree.

Naruto most likely looks the best.

Tsume gasped as she saw two children, the Jinchuriki and Shikakus son. That means all three are accounted for.

But just like Sasuke, they don't look much better. Tsume slowed the dogs harshly before running ahead to catch up to the kids. "You two! Where the hell did you go?" Shikamaru looked at Naruto before looking back at Tsume.

"Where do you think?" Shikamaru huffed out a scoff which clearly irritated Tsume greatly. "You two are lucky you're to young for T&I." She grunted before looking around. "Your father is worried, let's get going to the Hokage tower."

She looked at the dogs and back at the boys before grinning a little too wide for comfort.

A few seconds later both he and Naruto found themselves on the back of the giant wolves. He's happy the ill intent didn't involve the two of them but the dogs instead. It's a kind gesture from the Inuzuka clan.

Getting in close proximity of probably the best dogs in the clan is a rather rare experience, especially something like this.

They made it pretty quickly, much to Naruto's disagreement they had to get off of the dogs. Shikamaru was glad to get off they probably smelled like wet dog now.

Tsume looked at the two boys threateningly before knocking on the Hokages door. They were getting stares left and right, some knew they were missing and looked relieved and others looked extremely confused.

It's a sight to behold, the Nara heir, the Jinchuriki and the Inuzuka clan head with her giant dogs trailing close behind, it's not a group you'd think would ever be seen together.

The Hokage grunted in response and Tsume let herself in.

"I've found them." She said quickly. Hiruzen stood up before thanking Tsume.

"You will be informed shortly, and I appreciate your efforts, but please tell Shikaku." He said as he removed his pipe and set it in a drawer.

Tsume grunted before nodding, Shikamaru could see it all over her face, she was annoyed, probably thinks she's running an errand someone else could do. But she can't say no to direct order from the Hokage.