Chapter 7: can I just go to sleep now?

Start from the beginning

"So you know who I am then." I questioned.

"Just the masked version, why are you here."

"Why do men just stick to the point, can't you ask how I am?" I sighed, putting my shoes on his desk. He didn't say anything.

"Well im great thanks.." I muttered scarcastically, "If you know who I am why isn't it in the newspapers?"

"We don't have enough information." He said frowning.

"Yes, you do." I fake laughed, "And something aweful is about to happen, i'm here to tell you to get your forces ready and make sure everything is in order."

"Why?"

"I'm just helping out, I don't know whether to be grateful or upset that B-man hasn't shown me off. He's quite superficial, really."

"You mean Batman?"

I snorted, "You know the healing effects of water right... water and music?"

He opened his mouth to say something when I got up and ran out, but I couldn't make it to the entrance before multiple men with clown masks came running in with guns. The fired a couple of times and everyone got on the floor, except me. These were the police?

"Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's been working with that pesky bat?" Came the voice of Riddler and he followed, in all his green-and-purple-suited glory.

"Riddle me this, what line is old?" I asked rhetorically.

He narrowed his eyes at me and pointed at me with his cane. "You're in alot of trouble Missy."

"Oh no, somebody help me." I drawled scarcastically, looking at my nails.

"Why you.." He whispered dangerously and he strided closer and lifted his cane.

"Uh-uh no playing unfairly on the playground children." I shunned

"Who are you to say that?" His tone unchanging

"You know, Riddler, but you don't know that i've been keeping tabs on your friend."

"What friend?" he snorted. Nice Eddie, just forget me.

"Oh, you know." I started while walking towards a desk, "That nice little doctor you play poker with." You could hear the smile in my voice and I didn't need to turn around to know that Eddie paled.

"A bit young to be a doctor, isn't she?" I teased, smiling evilly at him.

"You know where she is?" He sounded almost hopeful.

"Let's take this outside."

I strutted out and Riddler followed, along with the clown-masked guys. What they didn't see was the Tick Tack box that I pulled from a secret pocket. Always be prepared.

"I know where she is." I said without turning, and popping the ball in my mouth.

"What does she have to do with this? Leave her be."

"You involved her, so now she's in my game.

"Game?" Shame i must sound so evil.

"Yes, i'll leave her alone if you dont touch the citizens. If they're safe, she's safe and if they're not then... oh well."

I turned to face him, he was pointing a gun at me, nice Eddie nice.

"I'll stop you right now." He said venomously

"No you wont." I laughed, "The other three told you to get me. You're trying to destract Batman."

I could tell he was surprised by my blankness, the gun wavered.

"I really am, truly sorry about this." I said

Before he could register anything i spat the ball at his feet and it started to grow. It turned into a huge plant wall that kept him in a box. The green mass became solid and I could here him scream in rage and start to fire shots into the plant. Eventually he got out, but by then I was long gone.

I spent the next few hours trying to climb up the ladder in three seconds, it was hard. I have to admit, I also started looking for the box of real Tick Tacks before I stopped. It was dark and none of the stars were out tonight.

I groaned remembering something before putting on my mask and bolting up the ladder, heading towards Batman's most used lookout point. When I got there it was dark, and Bat free. I sat on a gargole and waited looking out over the city, my trained ears connecting sounds with scanes and sights with lives. It was amazing.

After another hour of waiting he showed up, looking kinda bloodied and battered.

"What happened?" I asked, looking back at the view.

"Bane slammed me into a wall." He replied, slumping down next to me

"Haha sounds like him." I laughed but inside it pained me to see them fight. "How did you get the bed into the alley?"

"The roof has a bandable feature, and I used The Bat (plane) to put it down."

"Woah, way to commit." We laughed

"And how did you know where I was?"

"I.. I kinda put a tracker on you when I tackled you." he looked down.

"Haha, ok then." We sat in silence for a while, enjoying the free time.

"I heard you made an impression on Gordan, and Riddler."

"Oh yea," I laughed, "That was funny. Tick Tack?" I offered.

"It's not drugged is it?"

"No." Yes.

I put one in my mouth and handed one to him, which he swallowed.

"I'll tell you who I am." I said after a few minutes, the pill still in my mouth

"Really? You dont have to." The sun started rising

"I will anyway." I stated spitting out the pill, causing his eyes to widen.

"Chill dude, its a chill pill." I smiled at my own joke.

"I am Lily Dawson." I whispered, but was replied with soft snores.

I took the Bat-communicator from his belt and called Alfred.

"Hey Alfred, its Strangelique. B-man over here passed out on me, he's ontop of the public library."

I turned to look at Bruce, he looked so peaceful. He must've been as sleep deprived as I am. I couldn't resist any longer so I bent down, infront of his face... leaned closer... I could feel his breath on my face..

And..

I..

Drew a BBBIIIGG smiley face on his face, haha. What did you think I was going to do.Damn I am so flipping tired right now.. I laughed and ran to my alley, but paused before I could catch a few hours of sleep.

On the wall, was my past. It caught me. He's here. He know's where I am and I can't resist. He owns me. I could feel a peice of my heart shatter:

"Lost little lamb, I have found you again

Rha's"