Chapter 22

Jdex's POV

Kakatapos ko lang sa trabaho ko. Graduation namin kahapon and now, this is my last day sa pagiging trainee and dahil maaga naman akong natapos. I decided to visit Mom in the hospital.

Andito na ako sa harap ng office niya. Kumatok ako then pumasok na.

"Hi Mom." bati ko sa kanya at lumapit ako para humalik sa kanyang pisngi.

"What brings you here?" takang tanong niya sa akin.

"Busy?" tanong ko ng umupo na ako.

"Not really" sagot niya.

"Where's my graduation gift?" tanong ko.

"Ibibigay ko sa iyo pag kailangan mo na." nakangiting sabi ni Mom. Ngumiti ako saglit then napabuntong hininga.

"Mom, I really didn't know what you felt and your pain because of Dad and I'm really sorry." Tumayo naman si Mom sa pagkakaupo niya sa swivel chair niya at umupo rito sa tapat ko.

"Tanggap ko naman at alam na alam ko na mahal na mahal ng Dad mo ang Mom ni Anna. And ako na isang babae na nabuntis lang ng Dad mo. Wala naman akong laban."

"You didn't know or--"

"Na may girlfriend siya?" umiling si Mom. "No, I really didn't know. But your Dad marry me because we had you. And ayaw ko at ayaw rin niya na lalake ka na hindi kompleto ang pamilya. So,  become a family. The family that I build with care, patience, and love but for your Dad. It's still not enough. He still into his first love."

"And you know that all along?"

Tumango siya. "Yes! And I endure every pain and just pretend especially in front of you that we are inlove and happy but inside, I'm crashing. You're my strength and inspiration anak." napangiti naman ako kay Mom.

"You really love Dad." sabi ko. Ngumiti siya at umiling.

"At first, no. But when I saw how he loves and take care of you. I slowly loving him. He is a great father but it's just that, he isn't even a good husband. But it's fine because I still have you." sabi ni Mom at hinalikan ako sa noo.

"That's why nagalit ako sa iyo. Kasi nakikita ko ang sarili ko kay Shidley. And as a Mother and a woman too. It's hard to see and know that the one you like or love is deadly inlove with someone else."

Tumango naman ako. "I'm sorry Mom. Pero sa totoo lang din. Nahihirapan din naman po ako. Kasi ayaw kong masaktan si Shidley. She is a good person and yes. I'm being unfair but that is not my intention Mom. I really want get over with Anna and focus on Shidley. Focus to know her more and spend time with her but then suddenly, wala. I just ended up hurting you, hurting Shidley and also, I hurt myself too." Tumayo si Mom at niyakap ako.

"Wala na siya Mom. Hindi ko alam kung asan siya. Nagpakalayo na siya sa akin." sabay tulo ng mga luha ko. Pinunasan naman ni Mom ang luha ko.

"Ang gawin mo. While Shidley is living her life. You have to live your life too, but let go Anna first. Clear your mind and heart then start fresh, okay?" Tumango naman ako.

"Thank you Mom." yumakap lang siya sa akin.

---

Bumalik na ako sa company and pumunta sa office ko dahil naiwan ko ang phone ko doon. Nakuha ko na ito at paalis na sana ako ng makita ko si Dad.

"Can I talk to you Son?" tanong ni Dad sa akin.

"Sure Dad."

"Let's have coffee?" tanong niya.

"Sure." tumango naman siya at nauna ng maglakad sa akin. Nakasunod ako lang sa kanya.

Pumunta kami ngayon sa isang coffee shop, dito lang malapit sa company namin.

"Alam mo naman siguro kung bakit tayo andito?"

Tumango ako. "You want to talk about it?"

"Yes and to explain." sabi niya. Tumango ako. Dumating na ang coffee namin na inorder. Nang makaalis na ang waiter ay nagsalita na ulit si Dad.

"I'm willing to listen." sabi ko, tumango naman si Dad.

"Your Mom is the daughter of your Lolo's private doctor. That's why your Mom and I met. She is my friend. I can open up to her like my problems but nothing about me having a girlfriend. We were both drunk that time and there, it happened ." humigop ako ng coffee habang nakikinig kay Dad.

"When your Mom tells me that she is pregnant. This isn't a lie son, I'm very happy to know that I will be a father. So, propose kahit na hindi naging kami. The wedding is prepared and scheduled. The only thing that I do before getting married is to tell your Mom that I have a long term girlfriend and that was my first love, Anna's Mom."

Tumango naman ako. "When did you both met Dad?"

"Who?"

"Anna's Mom." sabi ko.

He smiled. "Way back highschool." sabi niya. Highschool sweetheart pala ni Dad ang Mom ni Anna.

"So, she is your first love and a highschool sweetheart?" tanong ko. Tumango siya then humigop ng coffee.

"Yes she is and she is very special to me." nakita ko naman sa mga mata ni Dad na masaya siya habang sinasabi iyon. I just simply smile.

"But I just got away." malungkot na sabi ni Dad.

"What do you mean Dad?" takang tanong ko.

"I can't break up with her. I can't lose her. And what will I say? That's why I just left, disappeared and then your Mom and I were married and started a family"

"Byt you still can't forget about her?"

Umiling si Dad. "No, there is a news that she is been married to a businessman also. Then, destiny approached me. She and I met again. She slapped me hard and then she smiled and she, thank you for leaving me, I'm happy now." nag smirk si Dad. Humigop ulit ng coffee si Dad at nagsalita ulit.

"Then by her slap and through her eyes. I really do hurt her. So, for me to make it up to her. What I do is, I supported her husband's business that's going to be bankrupt. Your Mom knew that about all along because I had no secret to her. Everything that I'll do, I will tell her first."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Wait, what? Dad, seriously?"

Napabuntong hininga siya. "I may not love your Mom as my wife. But I have a much much respect for her as your mother."

Tumango ako at napabuntong hininga. "Dad, I understand."

"I will always love Anna's Mom, but my son, believe me. I really do appreciate your Mom, by loving me, and you, take caring both of us. I'm very lucky to have her as my life partner." nakangiting sabi ni Dad.

"Dad but you hurt Mom." sabi ko. Tumango naman siya at nakikita ko sa mga mata niya na nalulungkot siya at nasasaktan.

"I know and I'm really sorry. I'll tell her everything that I do because I don't want to have a secret from her because I respect her so much. And I'm not doing those stuffs to get Anna's Mom back to me, No! I respect her husband too. I just want her to know that I'm really do sorry for her. And it's not easy to move on by the years and years and years we've been loving each other. And by that, I know I hurt your Mom and I'm so sorry Son." aincere na sabi ni Dad. Ngumiti naman ako sa kanya.

"Well, All I can say is, thank you for, you know. Still being with us. Coming home to us. Respecting Mom and appreciated her. " Tinap naman ni Dad ang ulo ko at ngumiti siya.

"The fact that your Mom and I have you. That's the only reason why I love to come home to your Mom." nakangiting sabi niya. Sobrang saya ko naman na makinig yun galing sa kanya.

Hindi man niya mahal si Mom bilang asawa niya. Mahal naman niya ito bilang siya ang ina ko at mahal niya ito dahil siya ang makakasama niya habang tumatanda sila.

"Love you Dad." sabi ko.

"Love you too Son." sabay cheers namin sa coffee mugs namin then ngumiti kami sa isat isa.