Ch. 23 - Decision

Chisaki's Path: 

You wanted to speak more. You wanted to tell Chisaki he was a liar, but you were out of time. The four of you needed to evacuate as quickly as possible seeing as suspicions were floating around the prison according to what you heard over the walkie talkies. 

Breaking out was certainly a lot more difficult than breaking in for all of you. It took a bit more sneaking around than any of you would've liked, nearly being caught more than once.
But, strangely enough, you all made it out unscathed and back at the abandoned building the league had called base for the past few months.

"This is where our paths diverge, isn't it?" Chisaki mumbled seriously as Toga meandered toward Twice, leaving you Chisaki and Shigaraki. 

"I'm certainly not letting you stay here," Shigaraki scoffed and began to walk away. "Come on, Y/N..." 

You stood firm, knees only slightly shaking, as your body made the decision for you. You were staring directly at Chisaki, mind racing with the possibilities of your decision. 

"Y/N?" Shigaraki asked in an irritated tone as he turned around. He stood up a bit straighter when he saw the look on your face, a saddened look that read "I need to do this." "You're..." he walked the few steps back over to you, grabbing your hands that were resting at your sides, "going to go with him, aren't you?" 

"I...am," you turned your attention from Shigaraki to Chisaki as you spoke. His eyes widened as you held eye contact. He felt elated but knew better than to show any signs of positive emotion in that moment.

"I can't tell you no," Shigaraki sighed in defeat, dropping your hands. Immediately, you could feel the cold air against your palms.  "I feel like I've done what I can. And I don't want to pressure you any longer." You internally rolled your eyes, thinking about how it took him long enough to realize that.

"I'm sorry, Tomura," you felt yourself choking up a little, past was past and it still hurt nonetheless, "but that chapter of my life ended a long time ago. I'm...sorry it didn't end smoothly."

"Yeah, yeah," Shigaraki began walking away from you, dismissing you with his hand. "Just get out of here," he said without turning his head.

You opened your mouth to say something, but instead decided to hold back. You knew anything you tried to say wouldn't make any matters better. It would be better to simply disappear, as hard on you as it would be to never see him again in this lifetime.
Without another word, you turned and left the warehouse and Chisaki followed closely behind.

Chisaki used what little resources he had left to change your identities, hopefully for the last time. The two of you remained hidden as best as you could, using shelters around Tokyo for the time being until you were able to pick up the documents at the PO box you had rented.

You wasted no time in moving to the other side of the country as soon as they came in. Unfortunately, since the fall of the Hassaikai base and Chisaki's detachment from the group, that left little to no money in your pockets. Luckily, there was at least enough to afford a modest apartment and the basic necessities. Within a few weeks of living carefully, you were both able to secure casual jobs which finally provided the stability you longed for. 

The job you managed to score was at least a nightshift where there were less people. You stayed inside as much as possible during the day, training your quirk with Chisaki when he wasn't working. Thought it was more powerful, something about it felt a bit more manageable - as if all hope wasn't lost.

"Y/N," Chisaki mumbled as he stood up from his position on the floor. The two of you had just completed a quirk practicing session.