Ch. 22 - Tartarus

Getting into Tartarus was the easy part. With how powerful your quirk had become, tricking the guards into thinking you were one of them was a no-brainer. Even stealing an operating key card to slip through all of the doors was easy. And, when the time came, killing would be easy. The real tricky part was navigating the complex system of halls and levels to get where you needed to go.

It felt as if you had toured the whole building before you finally came to All for One's chamber. You hadn't realized it, but it had taken you a few hours to find the place; you had lost time with the nerves you felt. 
Those nerves had peaked as you stood in front of the steel door that separated him from you. Your palms were incredibly sweaty despite knowing you had the power to do this. You had the power to create any illusion you wanted, enough to kill even the strongest. It didn't matter that he had multiple quirks.

You worked up the courage to slide the key card into its slot to access the room, the steel door whining just like the ones back at the Hassaikai base - a base that was no more. 
You tried not to think of that as you entered to find the man you once called a father figure all strapped up with weapons pointed in his direction. 
That didn't stop him from giving you his signature grin that sent chills down even the toughest person's spine.

"Y/N, is that you?" All for One chuckled lowly. "It's been years! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"It's all your fault," you mumbled, fists closed tight in an attempt to keep your composure.

"I can tell you've become much more powerful...and under someone else's care at that! Whose hand do I have to shake?" He continued snickering with a mocking tone. 

"It's all your fault Tomura and Kai are messed up," you were still standing frozen in place with clenched fists. It was all you could do to avoid snapping at the wrong moment.

"What are you going on about?" He lost his smile and turned to an expression more of irritation. 

"You raised Tomura to want to destroy society. Your actions were part of the reason why Kai thinks there's some kind of Hero-Villain disease with our quirks. If it weren't for you, there would've been a chance for them to lead normal lives!"

"Normal," he chuckled again under his breath. 

"I don't understand people like you," you whined in defeat, seeing he was unaffected by your words. "Why do you enjoy seeing people in pain?"

He opened his mouth to speak, a deep breath in from behind his oxygen mask, but his breathing hitched right away as you stared down the flesh covered pits that used to hold his eyes. 
His wrists began to struggle at their restraints as the monitors that tracked his health began to go haywire.

"I should've killed you a long time ago," you murmured as you watched his struggle. It was much more satisfying that you wanted to admit, the power burning through your veins was unlike anything you had ever felt before. "But instead, I let you control my life and the lives of those around me... No more."

"Y/N!" A high-pitched voice you immediately recognized appeared behind you. You quickly turned your head, your quirk unwavering despite the distraction. All for One continued to jerk and writhe in his restraints as he desperately lost air; he was close to unconsciousness.

"To...ga?" You furrowed your brow at her sudden appearance with the appearance of some random guard. "Shigaraki...Chisaki..." you were completely baffled to find the pair in handcuffs and being guided by Toga in her guard form. They had come up with their own scheme to sneak into the prison which, from the looks of it, looked too good to be true. "What are you doing here?"

"Better question," she smirked, "what are you doing?" She eyeballed the obviously struggling All for One and glanced back in your direction. 
Chisaki smirked while still in Toga's fake grasp while Shigaraki stared at you with the most concern you had ever seen come from him. He looked completely frozen.