Ch. 6 - Hassaikai

You stormed down the hall with tears in your eyes until you finally made it back to your room. You felt like a complete idiot for trusting Chisaki. You felt like a complete idiot for thinking he gave any sort of shit about you, for thinking he didn't just use you like some sort of tool for his personal gain.

You should've figured it the moment you were beaten by his thugs and brought back to the base for the first time. You should've figured it the moment you were strapped down to a table and beaten again for using your quirk to defend yourself, the moment you were locked in a cell alone for days on end until you chose to listen.
Had he actually given any sort of fuck for you, he would've approached the whole thing differently. But Chisaki was a monster who only knew force. He had no concept of love, no concept of empathy. You figured he was too grown to learn any different.

Meanwhile, you had left him standing there in his own silence. While he slowly dressed after his moment of shame, he was mentally kicking himself. But that was something he'd never let you see and he wondered if he should have you punished for embarrassing him like that.
He should've known better, he should've changed his ways but he only knew to behave this way. He didn't know true communication that wasn't laced with lies or persuasion for his own gain. He didn't know any better and he didn't know how to tell you that he wanted to learn without feeling weak.

AN: This chapter heads back into the past where Y/N first meets the Hassaikai.
The day he had found you had been like any other regular day in your new life after fleeing from your master and his apprentice. After your departure from your master at eighteen years old, you had spent a few days homeless but were able to find work and shelter thanks to a kind, elderly man who ran a convenience store. He paid you fairly and also allowed you to bunk in the storage room at the back of the store, even providing an old futon to keep you comfortable. He often went on about how you had reminded him of his own child who had passed years prior. You thought you had it made, finally feeling safe and cared for. You had lived that way until you were twenty-one when that one, fateful day arrived.

However, with your quirk registered in a public system, your power was easily found by those who cared and had the power to hack into government systems. Chisaki had been looking for any and every recruit with a useful quirk, yours being one of the most profound and useful. He had wasted no time sending Rappa and Katsukame to steal you away in the middle of the night.
They appeared with little to no warning, slamming through the glass and ignoring the screaming alarm system. They nearly tore through the entire store before getting to the storage room where you sat up with a racing heart. You had planned on using your quirk, but the minute you noticed the masks you knew there was nothing you could do. You put up the fight that you could, but with their quirks combined there was very little that could be done - they had nearly broken your entire body in their attempts.

"Hello, L/N Y/N," your eyes peeled open, sticky blood covering most of your face. The man calling your name out was still hidden by shadows, the low, husky voice sounding utterly threatening. "I'm so glad you could join us." You recognized your other captors patiently standing against another wall with their masks still on.

"Where am I?" You managed to creak out, turning your neck and wincing at the incredible amount of pain you felt. As your body became more and more awake, you began to feel large amounts of pain over the rest of you. 

"You're at the Shie Hassaikai headquarters," Chisaki explained, emerging from the shadows. The first thing you noticed about him was the large plague mask that adorned his face, but with his eyes exposed...that left him vulnerable. 

"Shie...Hassaikai..." you repeated as your eyes widened. "You mean like the-"

"Yakuza group? Yes," he finished your sentence for you, now completely at your side as you were strapped against a metal table.