Ch. 14 - Conflict

"Are there cameras in this room?" Shigaraki asked instead of getting up to follow you.

You paused as he finished his question, hand outstretched for the door handle. You turned to look back at him to find him looking at you as well, the smirk still on his face.

"Not that I know of," you answered seriously, standing straight and letting your hand fall to your side. You bit your lower lip subtly as he looked away from you and around the room. "But we don't know if Chisaki is using Irinaka's quirk...he could be watching."

"What? That little dude in the bird suit?" He lifted an eyebrow and gave a light chuckle.

You gave a small laugh with him, "you know, he's not that little. And his quirk allows him to merge with things about the size of this door or smaller," you motioned toward the door. "For all we know, he could be there now."

"Can you tell?"

"I don't know," you shrugged, "try saying something rude about Chisaki or the Hassaikai. He has a short temper and usually doesn't take those things too lightly."

"Well, the Hassaikai are incredibly weak, but you're one of them so I'd rather not insult them much further...at least with you in the room," he finally stood up. You rolled your eyes to the ceiling and took a deep breath as he spoke.

"He would've still been offended at that small remark," you smiled and looked about the room to double check, "we're alone. But I'm supposed to escort you out, so let's go."

"Y/N..." his voice dropped tremendously, his head also low as he looked at you through low lids. "I want to talk to you more. I want to see you."

You were hesitant to respond, your head and your heart leading you in two different directions. "Tomura, you remember what I said the other night, don't you?"

"I still owe you that date," he mumbled, lifting his head. God...you were sick of blushing at this bastard.

"It's been six years... And you saw it," you swallowed hard, "I'm...with Chisaki now."

"I'm not blind," he now stood a little straighter, "though maybe I wish I were..." You stared at him, unsure of how to continue the conversation, or if you even should. "I wish I could take it all back," his voice was quiet again as he took a few steps closer to you.

"What happened happened," you responded, closing your fists from the nerves you felt. The dispute within you clearly had a winning side, the pounding in your chest overpowering any sane thought in your head. You were still trying to fight the losing battle with weak words. "I don't hate you for it, but I don't want that lifestyle. I can't handle it."

"Can't handle it?" Shigaraki looked at you seriously, coming even closer so that you were forced to take a few steps back, falling against the wall as he remained close. "You're a yakuza now, Y/N. What do you think they do nearly every day? Have you really not had to kill anyone?"

You shook your head quickly. "No, but I've had accidents. I'm only used for...torture."

"Torture," Shigaraki grinned while he was taken aback by your answer, "well that's much worse than murder." You looked away in shame. "But I'm not here to judge you..." his teasing immediately softened. "Are you really with him?"

You had another moment of hesitation that you wish you hadn't. "Yes."

He closed his eyes in disappointment and sighed before slamming his palm against the wall next to your ear. You flinched at the sound, eyes squeezed shut as he began to speak. "Tell me I'm not the only thing that pushed you away..."