Ch. 4 - Solidify

AN: Back to the present with this chapter!

It had been late when Kurono returned with the others once he had found Hiru. If Chisaki was going to spend a few hours working on him, it'd surely be past midnight when he'd finally come to your room like he had promised.

Your mind began to wander with what he could possibly want, especially after behaving the way that he had been. He was letting you look at him, not to mention the way he kissed you despite breaking out in hives.
He was acting so...out of character. You had gotten close over the years, but he had never once touched you - not a single finger. You wondered what brought on the sudden change within him.

The rooms at base were almost like mini studio apartments, size-wise at least. You were given a personal bathroom and space large enough for a living area and bedroom area. The only thing missing was a kitchen but there was a communal area down the hall for that.

You spent your time to yourself, enjoying some television after a warm shower - making sure to wear something comfortable for the night. It had been a hell of a day, your duties never easy on you. At least those days were coming to a close.
While you were thinking about Chisaki's sudden interest in you, you were also curious about the meeting he had invited you to. You hadn't been above ground in years and you never watched the news or cared to know what was going on. You preferred being in the dark, but with your curiosity piqued you decided to switch the channel to the news expecting to find what you were looking for.
Right before your very eyes, a bright red banner at the bottom of the screen read the words "League of Villains suspected in student's capture during training camp." 

League of Villains. That was who you were supposedly meeting with in a few weeks. They didn't discuss any members, just the action of the kidnapping, but it got you wondering. Such a powerful league providing such devastation seemed like something your master was capable of, but he'd never do it himself these days.

You had gotten so invested in the story, you didn't hear the creak of your metal door whining open. You sat on the small armchair in front of the television, legs held tight to your body with eyes wide as the news anchor went on about the details of the attack. 

"Y/N," his voice was smooth and deep as he brought you out of your trance. 

Your gaze flickered to meet his, surprised by his quick appearance. He looked freshly showered and...in casual clothes?!
He still had his black, cloth mask on but he was only in a pair of athletic shorts and a cotton t-shirt besides the usual indoor slippers. You had never seen him so...laid back.

"Kai," you greeted in shock, eyes still wide as you looked at his shirt - still unsure about looking him in the eye consistently.
While you were capable of controlling your quirk, there were times that it went haywire. A few former Hassaikai had fallen victim, and new recruits hard to come by. It was always better to be safe than sorry.

"Did you forget I was coming?" He asked and you could hear the polite smile from under his mask. You quickly stood to greet him, giving a light bow when you made it in front of him. "Cut it out..."

"Sorry," you muttered once you were standing straight again. His voice from earlier rang out in your head, "I don't want any more formalities between us." "Why'd you come?"

He hesitated for a moment, another maneuver that surprised you as he never wavered or seemed unsure. Instead of speaking, he instead reached a hand out to caress your cheek and took a step closer to you. 
As he continued his gentle gaze, you noticed one thing.

"You aren't breaking out..." you whispered while staring at his pale forearm. He slowly closed his eyes and gave a small laugh muffled by the mask.

"I prepared for this in advance," he answered as he removed his hand to take off his mask, shoving it in the pocket of his shorts. He also took a moment to remove his latex gloves which joined his mask in his pocket.