Ch. 9 - Comfort

"You're awfully quiet," Chisaki noted on the long walk back to base. The other Eight Bullets were quite chatty and excited after the action.

"Yeah," you muttered from behind the mask.

"At this point, you don't need to wear it if you don't want to," Chisaki noted, knowing you weren't yet used to the new wear. You sighed and removed it, hood coming back with it. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"You knew him personally, didn't you?" Kurono butted in. "She asked me about their leader while we were observing."

"Chrono, please don't insert yourself where you're not needed," Chisaki flattened his brow without looking at his assistant. Kurono paused in his stride, falling behind slightly. "Of course Y/N knows Shigaraki Tomura. Don't you recall her origin?"

"You knew," you muttered through a strained voice, looking at the sidewalk as you kept pace. "You knew it was him and didn't tell me on purpose."

"Well, I wasn't exactly keeping it from you either," Chisaki noted. "Have you not been keeping up with their activity?"

"No," you answered flatly. He was right, but you were still hurt.

"Then it's on you," Kurono muttered in again. "It would make sense to do some research on the group we're meeting up with prior to actually meeting them." Chisaki briefly turned around, flashing a look of fury with just his eyes. "It only makes sense," Kurono defended himself.

"Hey, are you alright?" Chisaki asked once you were back at the base. The two of you were making your way down the residential hallway alone. "I'm sure it was a lot seeing him again after such a long time, especially so unexpectedly."

"I'll be alright," you mumbled, fishing your single key from your cloak pocket. You inserted it into your lock at Chisaki continued to stand by.

"May I come in?" He asked as the heavy door creaked open and you stepped inside. You looked at him with a blank stare. "I don't want to leave you alone in this mental state."

"Sure," you agreed, turning away from him and entering your room.

You let your cloak puddle to the floor and leaned forward to unzip your boots. Physically and mentally, you were exhausted and Chisaki's presence wasn't any bit relaxing but you'd never admit that. He was busy removing his mask, placing it on a nearby dresser before turning his attention back to you.

"Y/N," he had approached while you were leaned over and removing that last boot. You stood straight and looked at him with that still lost expression. "Let me take care of you tonight."

"You don't have to," you put your hand up to dismiss him with a weak smile. "I know you're busy."

"Nonsense," he mumbled, closing the gap between you even more by wrapping his arms around you. You tilted your head up to avoid the purple feathers attached to his bomber jacket that he still wore. "Sorry," he lightly chuckled and stepped away, throwing his jacket on the back of your desk chair.

"I hate what you made me do to him," you muttered as he returned in front of you while loosening his tie. You weren't going to bring it up, but if he was going to linger you might as well. 

"He was going to kill me," Chisaki noted the obvious. "You were just doing your job and he brought it on himself."

"You killed one of theirs first," your voice was soft despite using words of attack. "You understand what that means for them, right? They have no reason to cooperate with us."

"We'll see, we'll give them time to think," Chisaki whispered, his face tilting and leaning toward you. "For now, let me help you relax..." his lips brushed past your cheek and found a soft spot on your neck to nibble on, one hand cradling your head so he could apply pressure to his kiss. You couldn't help but weaken to the soft touch.