Ch. 8 - LOV

He didn't want to admit it, but Chisaki was glad that his quirk had returned the next day. Since Kurono knew what he had done, and threw quite a fit about it, he knew that if he remained quirkless there'd be a power struggle within the Hassaikai. With his quirk back in commission, he could remain its head and driving force.
And, as the days passed by, the two of you maintained a professional relationship in front of the Hassaikai. The Eight Bullets were none the wiser to your nightly visits to his room, though neither of you discussed what you "were." Despite the undiscussed feelings, it felt nice to have some kind of stress reliever at the end of the day. You figured that, at some point, he would sit down with you and have "the talk," but with the solution so close it was clear he was too busy to even begin to think of a steady relationship.

Though, because they at least had a semi-working prototype, they could begin looking for power and funds whether that be legally or illegally. That was where the League of Villains came into play.
Chisaki had been contacted by one of their members that called themselves "Twice." Impressed with the power demonstrated during an attack on the Team Reservoir Dogs, a meeting was set up to discuss a potential merger. He had thought about turning it down, but Chisaki saw the potential value of being associated with the league considering their recent movements.

"You will need to stay hidden as you follow me," Chisaki stood at the head of a large conference table, each Hassaikai member seated and listening carefully the day before the meeting. "I am scheduled to see Twice downtown at eight PM. You all will need to keep your distance and be ready should something happen at their meeting point. Y/N will not be able to cover you as this one wears a mask." He then turned to his assistant with a serious look behind his eyes, "you will have the prototype, use it in an emergency. I'm counting on your intellect to scope out vantage points of the building in a quick manner when we arrive."

"Yes, sir," Kurono answered without hesitating. You kept your expression flat, but his kiss ass attitude was almost enough to make you want to gag.

"Then we're all clear?" Chisaki looked at each one of the Bullets who were all showing some kind of affirmative whether it be nodding their head or humming. "Wonderful."

From that meeting you were told to be one of the shields. Should the LOV go on the offense, you were the back up should Kurono miss his shot. Katsukame would be the one to break down any walls and you would dive in front to stop the offender right in their tracks.
Though you heavily disliked him, you knew Kurono was a good shot, so you felt like you had little to worry about for your first time heading to the surface in almost three years.

You took a deep breath as you completed the last stair, a smile forming on your face. That's what you missed out on...fresh air. Chisaki would argue otherwise, tightening his already snug plague mask.

"Make sure you put that on," he advised. "We don't know what their quirks are."

"If that's the case, maybe you should create one that's a bit more secure," you chuckled, bringing the ibis mask around your face and pulling your hood up. "You think you'd learn after dealing with me." Chisaki rolled his eyes and continued on ahead as a few of the Bullets giggled at your jab.

The group of you carefully kept your distance as Chisaki met with Twice.
He was quite the character, Twice...almost like two people in one. It looked like he struggled with his quirk, likely another person you could connect with in that regard.

You followed them through the city until you hit the outskirts where an abandoned warehouse sat and collected dust. You were all hidden amongst the trees as the pair approached the building.

"Give me a break..." Chisaki coughed, "this place is so dusty...I feel like I'll get sick."

"Don't worry!" Twice said happily. "The guys inside are already sick!" As he completed his sentence, large garage doors opened up and the pair disappeared inside.