2.02 𝖳𝖠𝖳𝖳𝖮𝖮

Start from the beginning

"What's your first class, we can walk you," Scott smiled at her and she nodded, looking at her schedule.

"English," She handed it to them and they both exchanged a look before looking back at her.

"Us too," Stiles smiles goofily and Olive rolls her eyes, throwing her arms around both of the boys.

"Then let's go, shall we?" She grins at both of them as they all walk into the school.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once they arrive to the classroom they greet the new teacher, Ms. Blake, and all disperse throughout the room. Olive finds a seat next to Lydia but Stiles all but pushes her out of the way to get to it. She rolls her eyes and moves to the seat behind him. Allison walks in and searches the class for an empty seat, but the only available one is in front of Scott. She turns to both Olly and Lydia who return her gaze with sympathetic smiles as she awkwardly approaches him.

They all sit and chat for a while until the bell rings. As if on cue, they all receive a text at the exact same time. Stiles turns to Olive who shrugs and then over to Scott who is sharing a worried look with Allison.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness," Ms. Blake says, lowering her phone and standing in front of the class. She smiles confidently and glances at everyone. "That is the last line of the first book we're going to read. It's also the last text you'll receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

Everyone powers off their phones but Olive looks down at hers, an apprehensive look on her face. Ms. Blake approaches her and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Ms. Brown, is there a problem?" She smiles down at her and Olive smiles slightly, shaking her head.

"No, no there's not," Olive gives her phone one last glance, almost willing it to ring, before she powers it down and puts it back into her bag.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a while of boring English talk, Ms. Blake turns to write something on the board and Olive takes a glance up at the clock, before seeing the principal walk in and murmur something to the teacher.

"Mr. Mccall?" She says, gazing directly at Scott as his head shoots up and she motions for him to follow her. Stiles turns back to Olive who shrugs.

"What are they saying?" Stiles whispers as he turns back around and Olive rolls her eyes, pushing her hair behind her ear so she can hear better.

"Scott's mom pulled him out of class, she's telling Scott not to miss school like last year, god if only she knew what was happening last year," Olive rolled her eyes and focused her hearing again. "He just used the word ephemeral?"

Stiles snickered as the door opened again and Ms. Blake walked in. She closed the door and Olive inhaled sharply, her hearing still focused. Stiles turned around to her with wide eyes and she shot him an apologetic smile as Ms. Blake continued her lecture.

"Lydia, Lydia," Stiles whisper-shouts to her, and Olive looks at him with narrow eyes. Lydia rolls her own, turning to him and raising her eyebrows. "What's that? Was that from the accident?"

Lydia looks down at the bandage on her leg and sighs, shaking her head. "No, Prada bit me."

"Prada, as in your dog?"

"No, my designer handbag," Stiles narrows his eyebrows and Lydia shakes her head. "Yes. My dog."

"Has it ever bit you before?" Lydia seems to think for a moment before shaking her head and Stiles' eyes widen, tapping Olive's desk. "What if it's the same thing as the deer? Like how animals start acting weird right before an earthquake."