22 - taste

I felt something heavy on my waist as I start to stir awake

My head is pounding and my throat is dry. I blink my eyes, trying to rid them of the dryness they had. When I turn to the side, I see Hayden, eyes shut as his chest falls and rises.

That's when everything comes rushing back to me: the drunken dancing, the accusing...and everything after.

I could feel my stomach knotting up as my cheeks flush.

I had thought that Hayden wasn't attracted to me anymore. But that was completely changed at his confession last night.

And I wanted to stay in bed, admiring his beauty. But I could taste how bad my breath smells. So I carefully slip out of his grasp and trot down the hall to the bathroom.

I look in the mirror and groan. My makeup was smeared, my hair looks like the home for baby birds. I huff a breath before thoroughly brushing my teeth and then turning the shower on. I peel off the dress from last night, unclasp my bra and let it all fall to the floor. I push the door open and step in, muscles relaxing under the hot water, loving the feeling of the jets lining the wall pushing pressure on my back.

I push my hair back, letting it get wet with the running water. I gently lather my scalp with shampoo and rinse before conditioning. I poured the soapy body wash onto my hands and wash my body completely, sitting in the hot water for a bit before shutting it off.

I open the door and wrap the towel around me, squeezing my hair. I huff a breath, walking back to my room. I froze in the entryway when I saw Hayden sitting up, elbows on his knees.

He glanced up at me, eyes drinking me slowly. I gulp.

"I thought you ran away."

Oh, wow. Husky, sleepy voices should be illegal. Especially from him.

It did things to my body. Weird things.

"I needed a shower." My breathless voice came a shock to me. I mentally facepalmed.

"I can see that."

I shift awkwardly, clutching the towel closer to my chest. I needed to take deeper breaths, cause I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Shakily, I move to the closet and shut the door. I pressed my back against it, trying to take steady breaths. It's just Hayden, Lina. Get a grip.

I pull a black shirt over my head, pulling a white lacy thong up my legs and then my silk shorts. I hold onto the handle for a second, mustering up the courage to open it.

When I do, I jump back slightly when I see Hayden already leaning against the wall, waiting for me. And when he does, that dumb, annoying, sexy smirk shows itself.

"Trying to hide?"

I shake my head, which makes him grin. He takes a step towards me, making my breath catch in my throat. He lifts his hand, the back of his fingers tracing my cheekbone.