Interrupting

14
[Interrupting]

•Your POV•

"Would you believe it?" She commented as she was surprised to see us. Or surprised to see Violet, I don't know at this point.

"Surprise." I muttered with no happiness in it.

She had asked us to take a seat and so we did. Violet sat next to me as she clenched her fists when the woman started to talk about Vander.

Hearing his name felt like a world with no color. A movie in black and white. Honestly, he was a father to me, and now he's gone, and this time..for good.

"Sweetheart, I was real sad to hear about Vander." She inhaled the smoke of the cigarette.

"And the kids, just terrible." "I thought you were dead that day Y/N, apparently not after you know.."

Of course she knew. Why does everyone know everything.

Violet looked at me as she was confused, but then the expression changed to seriousness and she began to speak. "By the looks of it, no one down here lifted a finger to stop Silco." She looked straight at her after that sentence, she was deeply upset, frustrated that no one did anything. And I understand her pain.

I tried to get Powder back and I tried to stop him but I ended up getting left at in an alley, laying on the cold ground.

Safe to say, Mylo was always right.

"A few tried." She looked at me, knowing I tried. She looked back at Violet with sincerity in her eyes. "But Silco's got the muscle..and the money."

Damn right he does. Everything down here was run by power and money, and still is until this day. Either you get bribed into something or you get paid to do something. You survive into those ways. No one ever comes clean. I never did.

"He took over The Last Drop."

Violet looked at me with frustration in her eyes. She saw me performing at The Last Drop and she knew it wasn't a one time thing. And with Silco running it now, I knew she was probably pissed at me.

Can't everything just go fine for once in my lifetime?

She turned away from me and chuckled.

"Yeah, I seemed to have noticed." She closed her eyes and inhaled as she tried to calm herself down or that's what it looked like.

"..Things have changed without Vander looking out for us." She looked at the floor as if she was reminding herself of certain memories.

Now that I really think about it. Vander built this place from the ground and up. He keep us afloat and kept us standing. We were all equal to him. We were his family. I was apart of his family.

But now he's gone. And this place I used to call home, isn't home anymore. It's a nightmare in which you have to survive into.

There was a moment of silence until Violet broke it.

"Have you heard anything about Powder?" "I believe Silco has her."

She looked at Violet as she shook her head, replying to her as a no. She didn't know.

"I need to find her." Violet abruptly stood up and began to head out as the woman began to speak again.

"Silco's number two's regular." "I can have Miguel tell you where to find her."

She inhaled and looked at her. "I owe you."

I nodded my head as a goodbye and began to follow Violet out of the room and into the hallway.