And you

7
                                 [And you]
•your pov•

I quietly entered the room, trying not to be loud. But the rock music she was playing covered the sound of my foot steps. I looked at her as she was laying down, drawing on her new explosive.

"What are you calling this one?" I asked her, smiling. She looked up and paused for a moment. "Whisker." She replied back to me but then went back to drawing. I sat down next to her as she was still laying on the bed. I lowered the volume down so I could hear her better.

"You wanna talk about today?" I looked at her. She sighed. "What's the point?" She sat up, putting her knees together as she put her arms around them, placing her chin on top.

"I ruined everything, I always do."

"Nobody said that." I reassured her, still looking at her.

"No, Just that 'you were twice the person' half my age." She looked at me and then looked back at Whisker. I turned away, losing eye contact with her. "You heard them, I'm not a fighter." She put her head against the explosive.

"You don't have to be." I told her. "Look, I've got these." I pointed at my head. "And you've got those." I said, pointing at her other designs that she worked on.

"They never work." She whispered.

"They will." I reassured her.

"Yeah, they will, you just have to keep trying." Vi told her, I jumped, scaring the living shit out of me. I turned to face her, she rested against the door frame, smiling.

"You've ever heard of knocking?" I looked at her.

"I didn't mean to scare you that bad." She laughed, noticing Powder, she was still sad.

"Come with me, both of you." Vi told us.

"What?" Powder looked up and turning to Vi.

"Come on." She smiled, heading out the door.

-

We sat at the edge, looking at the view. The light of the moon upon us and the night sky just looking at us.

"What are we doing here?" Powder asked her. Moving closer to Vi, I sat on the other side, next to Vi as well.

"See that gutter running along the canal?" She pointed out and then grabbed a metal tube for Powder, so she can take a better look. I didn't need it though, as I could see it from here.

"That's where Claggor got his foot stuck running from enforcers." "They thought it was funny so they left him there." She looked at Powder as she put the metal tube down. "He was out all night before we found him."

"That sign?" She guided Powder and pointed the tube at the sign she was speaking about. "You see it?" She asked her.

"Uh-huh."

"Mylo tripped over his own paint bucket and nearly fell off trying to draw a giant middle finger." "His ass made that splotch." She chuckled as Powder joined in and laughed, and so did I.

"And that.." She looked at the stuffed toy, hanging on the lines.

"When I was a kid, some guy took my favorite toy and threw it up there." I shifted my gaze to Vi as she continued to stare at it. "I used to come out here at night and stare at it." "Hoping maybe the wind or..a bird might knock it down."

I smiled and looked back down.

"We've all had bad days." "But we learn, and we stick together." She turned to Powder, putting her arm around her.

"Oh, I forgot!" Powder told us, reaching into her pocket and pulling out the blue orbs she found, or whatever their called.

"You brought them?" I questioned.

"Yeah, it's from the apartment."

"What are they?" Vi asked her.

"I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders, her face lit up. "Should we show Vander?"

"No." She exhaled.

"Let's keep this our little secret." She leaned towards Powder.

Damn, we're no longer here. Sucks to suck.

"And you too Y/N, come here." She chuckled, putting her arm around me and pulled me closer to her.

"You know Powder, Mylos wrong." "You're stronger than you think." Vi smiled as Powder did too.

"And for you Y/N, you don't have to throw a good punch, you have the smarts in you." "And the talk back." She laughed.

"That too." I smiled.

"And you know what." She stood up. "One day, this city's gonna respect us."