Her voice trailed off as it hit her in the face - his blushing and stuttering, just the two of them, going out for dinner... he was asking her...

Azami couldn't help the same beet red color from spreading across her own cheeks in realization. "Oh, you mean... oh."

A date.

"Yeah, I do," Sokka agreed, both of their faces bright red - but now he seemed more confident, and she was left wondering... did she really want to? In all fairness, she and Sokka had a connection before Bato - he even basically confessed to liking her in that sense, before he kinda botched it - so it wasn't necessarily the biggest shock to her, but still...

Really? With Sokka?

At first, her mind kind of rejected the idea. Most of the times, he was irritating, goofy - a funny friend, for sure, but not exactly significant other material. Slowly, though, she started to think about their other moments together - underneath that exterior, they'd shared a lot of heart-to-heart conversations and moments with each other. He'd taken care of her when she was injured; he'd been a shoulder for her to cry on, quite literally; he'd comforted and trusted in her, just as much as she had for him...

As these thoughts raced through her mind, she really started to appreciate him more - underneath his exterior was a genuinely nice and caring person, who for all his faults, actually cared about her. Trusted her, despite her mistakes. Realistically, where would she ever find that again? And in a person she'd been through so much with, nonetheless?

Finally, her train of thought arrived back in the desert - even when he was high on cactus juice, she remembered what it was like to fall asleep in his arms. It just felt so right, and even while sleeping on sand it was the best night she'd had in months. Smiling to herself, she realized that she already knew the answer to his question.

"Okay."

Returning her attention to the boy in question, he too seemed lost in his own head to have even heard her response. No doubt, her own delay had caused him to doubt himself, so it wasn't a surprise to her when he blinked multiple times and his eyes shifted to lock on hers. "Um..." Sokka started, seeming incredibly doubtful. "Sorry, what did you say?"

Despite herself, Azami had to admit - now that she'd started considering him in that light, there was actually something strangely cute about his nervousness. Blushing slightly, she smiled at him and nodded again, as if to assure herself that this was what she wanted. "I said okay," she repeated softly. "Let's do it."

"Wait, you're not... you're being serious?" Sokka breathed in awe, and Azami couldn't help the laugh that left her at his antics. Shaking her head, she decided that she'd tease him a little bit and just leave it there for the evening.

He just stood there, flabbergasted as she walked past him, heading for her room. Right before she opened the door to it, she turned back with a cheeky grin to see Sokka just staring at her, his mouth still hanging open. Not saying a word, she just winked at him before heading in to retire for the evening.

Smirking, she got ready for bed, knowing that he'd probably still stay standing there for like the next hour to figure out what she meant by it. Can't make it too easy for him, after all, she thought to herself as she climbed into her bed for the night.

Sokka P.o.V.

What... what just happened?

She said yes. The girl he'd liked for months, the one he thought he'd pushed so far away she'd never be interested... just agreed to go on a date with him.

I'm sorry, WHAT?

"She... said yes," he breathed in awe, still trying to process it all. As the realization set in, a goofy grin split his features - she said yes! Months of agonizingly making up for his stupid mistakes had finally paid off - and he couldn't help doing a little happy dance around the room, not caring if anyone saw.