i. V

Azami P.o.V.

"Wait till you see it, Katara! The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world!" Aang exclaimed, clearly excited to return home.

The gaang had been traveling for a few days now, slowly working their way towards the Nothern Water Tribe, but they had several stops to make along the way. Stop number one; the Southern Air Temple, Aang's home.

Katara looked more than a little concerned, a sentiment Azami shared. "Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you were home."

Aang just kept smiling. "That's WHY I'm so excited!"

"It's just that... a lot can change in that time," Katara continued.

"I know, but I need to see it for myself," Aang insisted. That kid sure is stubborn, Azami thought. Once he set his mind to something, it was hard to get him to change his view, something she'd run into on multiple occasions before.

Breaking her train of thought, Aang quickly ran over to wake Sokka. "Wake up, Sokka! Air Temple, here we come!"

Sokka just groaned, before curling up on his side to drown out Aang's words. "Sleep now. Temple later."

Aang looked a little miffed, before a mischievous expression crossed his face. He quickly picked up a stick, running it down Sokka's sleeping bag. "Sokka! Wake up! There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!"

Sokka, naturally, shot up, screaming his head off. "Get it off! Get it off!"

As he fell flat on his face, Azami and Katara both laughed, and Sokka had a murderous expression. "Great, you're awake! Let's go!" Aang smiled, jumping onto Appa.

(quick A/N; I don't intend to do Zuko PoV's much, since he isn't the focus and I'm assuming most readers have seen the show, but for this particular episode it felt important to include.)

Zuko P.o.V.

As his ship pulled into the dock, Zuko scowled at the massive ships surrounding him. They were a constant reminder that his power, his position, was diminished at best. He couldn't keep going like this. Not with his prize so close at hand. "Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing their trail."

"You mean the Avatar?" Iroh asked, seeming bored.

Zuko quickly whipped around, facing the old man. "Don't mention his name on these docks!" he hissed. "Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him. For both of them. I want the girl, too, my father would be more than pleased to meet her. If we alert anyone here... I just don't want anyone getting in my way."

A derisive voice quickly echoed from nearby. "Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?"

Zuko quickly turned to face one of the men he despised most. "Captain Zhao," he muttered, crossing his arms.

Azami P.o.V.

As they flew past the clouds, Azami found herself growing increasingly bored with the journey at an alarming rate. She'd already summoned her fire and made it dance around about a dozen times today, and she was really starting to wish she had packed some books or anything to distract her.

Seemingly out of nowhere, she heard a loud growl. She turned towards the sound, raising an eyebrow at Sokka as he held his stomach. "Hey, stomach? Be quiet, alright? I'm trying to find us some food," he grumbled.

Azami shook her head in disbelief. Where the hell was he putting all that food? He ate more than twice what she or Katara ate, and yet he was still hungry?