i. XIX

A/N; Oh man are you guys gonna have a field day with this one. I love this episode so much..

(also fr this meme is so on point, why was Roku such a wimp compared to Aang, he beat the volcano with one element and Roku couldn't with four XD)

Azami P.o.V.

"He is taunting us. You are so gonna be dinner."

Azami smirked as Sokka ran for his fishing pole. "Not all of us, Ponytail. Just you."

He ignored her, running back the river and flinging the rod forwards. For some reason, nothing came flying out, leaving Sokka very confused. "Hey, where's the fishing line?"

"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka," Aang admitted as he held out a necklace made from the line and a flower.

"Ah, it's all tangled," Sokka cried at the sight of the fishing line.

Aang airbended himself up. "Not tangled, woven," he explained as he handed it to Katara. "I made you a necklace, Katara. I thought since you lost your other one..."

"Thanks Aang, I love it," she smiled at him.

"Great, Aang," Sokka muttered as he gave the airbender a soft glare. "Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry making business."

"Lighten up Ponytail, he can do both if he wants," Azami scoffed at him.

"How many times have I told you to stop calling me that?" he groaned.

She smirked. "How many times am I going to have to remind you that so long as you have a ponytail I'm going to call you ponytail?"

The fish that was taunting Sokka earlier leapt up out of the water, waving its fins slightly to mock Sokka. Out of frustration, he threw his fishing pole at it, only for the fish to jump over it again as it sank. 

"Stop taunting me!" Sokka protested, waving his machete around as he ran in after the fish.

Katara's voice called over to them, sounding slightly nervous. "So? How do I look?"

Azami gave her a quick glance, before nodding in approval. Aang had done a good job. She turned to look at the young monk, only to narrow her eyes at the sight of him staring at Katara and blushing. "You mean, all of you or just your neck?" Aang asked nervously. "I mean, because both look great."

Oh my god, Azami thought to herself. He's crushing so hard on Katara. She'd been a little doubtful about her suspicions before now, but it was beyond clear that he was head over heels for the waterbender.

"Smoochy, smoochy, someone's in looove," Sokka taunted him, leaving Aang a stuttering mess. Almost as if it understood him, the fish he was wrestling with jumped out of his arms and smacked its tail right in his face.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka," Katara snapped at her brother. "Aang's just a good friend, a sweet little guy, just like Momo." Azami winced as she watched Aang's expression fall. How on earth that girl could be so oblivious was beyond her understanding.

"Thanks," Aang muttered sadly. The three all looked over with a deadpan expression at the sight of Sokka climbing up out of the river, dripping. Before Azami could come up with some way to mock him, a low growl echoed from nearby. Aang leaped up on a boulder, gasping at whatever it was he was seeing. "Someone's being attacked by a platypus-bear!"

Dropping their previous topic, the four raced over to see there was, in fact, a large platypus bear attempting to decapitate a middle-aged man. For some reason, though, the man didn't seem concerned at all, just casually side-stepping the bear's attacks. "Well, hello there," the man smiled over at them while dodging another swipe. "Nice day, isn't it?"