i. XVII

A/N; As the muggles say, truth will out!

Sorry, wrong fandom.

(also, on a slightly different note - there is a reference to my favorite video game franchise in here, see if you can spot it :3)

Azami P.o.V.

"Don't try and stop me! I have to do this!"

"I know you do. But I'm not letting you go out there alone."

Lightning flashed, and the sky darkened around them. The three screamed in fear as they fell from the sky, the ocean rising to meet them. She could feel the water around her, her supply of oxygen running out, a sea of darkness surrounding them.

"Why did you abandon us?" a tortured voice called out. "We needed you!"

Then, a flash of light-

Azami gasped as she felt a pressure on her chest, and sat up groaning. Her body still refused to heal back fully, so something jumping on her was not a pleasant way to wake up. She rubbed her eyes, trying to get a bearing on her surroundings, and it appeared Momo had woken up from where he fell asleep on Aang and jumped on the other three kids.

They all seemed just as tired and groggy as she felt, especially Sokka, who picked up both his boomerang and a knife and started swiping at the air. "What's going on?" he muttered sleepily. "Did we get captured again?"

"It's nothing," Aang muttered. "I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep"

"Don't have to tell me twice," Sokka yawned as the two both curled back up.

Azami's eyes widened slightly as she looked at the airbender. So she wasn't the only one having nightmares? She'd definitely have to question Aang about that in the morning. For now though, she agreed with Sokka - the more sleep the better.

Katara seemed less satisfied with that. "Are you alright?" she asked, concerned.

"I-I'm okay," he sighed.

"You and Azami both seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately," Katara continued as she stared at Aang. "You wanna tell me about it?"

Azami tensed, really not wanting to have this discussion right now. She'd been avoiding it for weeks at this point, but it had been a long time since she'd been able to have any decent rest. It was only a matter of time before one of them started asking why. Hopefully Aang would just brush it off.

"I think I just need some rest," Aang replied, and Azami sighed softly as she relaxed.

Apparently, no one was interested in getting any sleep, as Sokka suddenly sprung up with a burst of energy. "You guys wanna hear about my dream?"

"Go to sleep," Azami grumbled.

"That's okay," Sokka muttered dejectedly. "I didn't wanna talk about it anyway."

The camp went silent after that, and Azami slowly drifted back to sleep.

Before long the sun had risen on a new day, bringing perfectly clear skies and calm seas. It was something straight out of a painting. "Look at those clear skies, buddy!" Aang yelled excitedly. "Should be some smooth flying."

Azami glanced up at the sight of a flock of birds flying inland, and she felt a pit growing in her stomach. It's probably nothing, she reasoned, trying to calm her nerves. She just had a dream about a storm, no reason to assume one would actually show up, right?