ii. XV

A/N; Aight, I got good news, and I got bad news. Good news; you get a new chapter (yay!), and it's long as fuck, so that should give you all something to fill your time - assuming you have too much free time of course, like I do. Personally, I'm still consuming other fics at an alarming rate, but nevermind that lol.

Bad news; this chapter is so long, that I had to crop a few scenes from this episode because they ultimately didn't change, even if there were some great, iconic moments from them. Realistically, including all of them would probably require this chapter to break 8k words or close to it, and I just had to call it - I'm willing to push 7, but after that is just unreasonable. And I wasn't willing to split this chapter up either, soo... necessary sacrifice, I guess ;-;

That being said though, let's change things up - I hope you all hate this chapter >:)

(bet you didn't see that one coming, HUH?!)

((no but fr I hope you guys like it i worked vewy hawd pwease wike and subscwibe-))

Azami P.o.V.

"O-oh yeah, that's the spot. Now if you could just do it a little harder- wow, that feels great... you're really good with your hands, you know that?"

Azami rolled her eyes at her new boyfriend. "You know only I agreed so long as you're doing this for me next, right?"

"Yeah, I know, just... don't stop," Sokka groaned as she worked out the latest knot she'd found in his back. Currently, he was lying face-down on the floor of the house while he worked on his drawings of Appa - which Azami thought were frankly hideous, but she didn't want to hurt his feelings, so she kept quiet about it as she continued giving him his back massage.

She frowned as she kept working at it, finding a seemingly endless mess of twisted muscle in his back. "Spirits, Sokka, I know that fight was only yesterday," Azami muttered. "But how on earth did you manage to screw it up this bad?"

"Well, I think it was that combined with us sharing the bed last night," he admitted. "Normally, my body's free to do whatever it wants, but I didn't get to sleep normally because of it."

Azami paused in her efforts, glaring slightly at the back of his head. "Oh, so now it's my fault?" she demanded.

"Hey, I didn't mean it like that!" Sokka protested, putting down his pencil so he could glance over his shoulder to meet her gaze. "It was just, you know, a side effect. That's all."

The firebender raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by his answer. "A side effect, huh?" she asked skeptically, and the boy just let out a nervous chuckle. "Well, you know what an unfortunate side effect of putting yourself in this position is, Sokka-"

Without waiting to finish, Azami quickly grabbed one of his arms and started twisting it slightly behind his back - not enough to actually hurt him, but still enough for him to yelp from the brief flash of pain. "Okay, I get it, I'm sorry!" he pleaded, and she reluctantly let his arm drop. "Look, I didn't mean for it to come out like that-"

"Then in that case, make sure it doesn't next time," Azami snapped, and he had the sense to simply nod before returning to his latest drawing. In truth, she wasn't as upset by it as she was letting on - but she still wasn't happy about it either, so she went a little more aggressively at Sokka's back as she resumed her 'treatment', and it clearly didn't go unnoticed as he occasionally winced in pain.

After a while, he finally finished his drawing, and he lifted it to show Azami, almost like he was proud of his work. "So?" he asked eagerly, giving her the big 'puppy' eyes. "Do you like it?"