3. Back again

A.N: Flashbacks, A God Speaking, and 'Thoughts' and please note I own nothing but the plot!

Deruth felt his whole body sag with relief and happiness as he listened to the doctors words.

"So he isn't dead..?" The Count felt like crying, hell he probably already was crying.

"No sir. He is in perfectly good health." The man seemed to hesitate for a few seconds before continuing.

"Though I noticed... he has an awful amount of scars running through his body, and lastly... he seems to have lost at least 40% of his eyesight." The doctor explained.

Deruth froze, how can someone damage their vision that badly without destroying their eyes entirely?

From the looks of it the area around his eyes were devoid of scar tissue.

'Did Juer's family have any history of blindness?'

"But it seems he is wearing a pair of prescription glasses and as for the scars they all seem to have healed well."

The doctor then gave a warm smile, finally he would reveal the one good thing about the check-up.

"Yes, Count Deruth, this boy is in fact your son: Cale Henituse." The doctor smiled.

He then went back to seriousness.

"Though I recommend you let him rest for a while."

Deruth nodded his head, before walking away from the room his son was staying at and on his way to announce the news.

With Cale

The monster Growled like a wild dog as it chased a small boy across the overgrown abandoned city district.

The place looked concerning, vines and plants had overtaken the semi-destroyed buildings all around.

Thousands of old vehicles (which Cale considered very strange looking) were all old and rusted... some were even upside down. 

Hell there was even fire!!! Ones that mind you showed no sign of stopping anytime soon.

But.. the smell was the most disgusting part.

It smelled like burnt logs and old moldy boiled cabbages... multiplied by 10. 

A truly unappealing smell...

As for the most terrifying thing was the thing chasing him.

It looked like a giant tarantula mixed with a centipede and a praying mantis.

Oh and the fact it kept spitting out strange vomit that made the floor melt like a pile of putty truly was a nice extra weapon. 

Please make note of the sarcasm.

All in all, it was a beautiful day! (Again please note the sarcasm.)

"Gruwledgsfzj!!!" The thing Growled? Hissed? Howled? He honestly couldn't tell.

All that was in my mind was running away

And yet..

The small child had an annoyed look on his face... before he stopped running and let himself get spat at by the monster.

It was barely a few drops but the pain was truly unbearable. That didn't matter to the child, though. All he did was glare at the sky.

"Go ahead." The child grinned.

With pleasure.

"Gris gah lie ajbs" The monster howled(?) in pain.

Dozens of Shadow like hands wrapped around its whole body strangling it tearing it limb from limb.

A truly gruesome sight...

And yet the grin never left the child's face.