"let him go, i'm sure he'll act just fine now right?" she asked and i didn't answer.

the dude slowly let me go and zoey threw her arm around my shoulders and started walking into the school.

i scrunched up my nose, baby that perfume stank-

"so i just had to let you know something..." she said as she went thru her locker.

"what.." i said honestly just ready to get rid of her presence.

"i'm pregnant." she said.

"congrats...have fun with the father.." i said ina duh-tone.

"oh but see love the father is zarek..." she said then slammed her locker.

my heart dropped to my ass

i didn't say anything as she turned to me with a smirk on her face, "so, imma need you to leave zarek alone okay??" she said patting my cheek and i smacked her hand away.

"look i don't give a shit about what you and zarek got going on that's y'all...y'all always get back together anyway..." i spat before walking away.

all that was a damn lie, truth be told my dumbass was falling for zarek...just for his girlfriend to be pregnant.

tears threatened to fall as i rushed to the bathroom, i found an empty stall and locked it.

i sat my book bag down as the tears started coming, how could i be so fuckin stupid.

i should've known, he never would've liked someone like me anyway..

if anything i was a time passer...

i grabbed some toilet paper and wiped my face.

i picked up my bookbag and walked back out the bathroom.

"AMORYY!!" i turned around and saw zakiya.

i smiled lightly as she ran to catch up to me,"hey-" she stopped as she looked over my face.

"why your eyes red and puffy??"

fuck-

"umm...what's your first class??" i asked and i watched as zakiya looked me up and down.

"mmmm...english 3 honors..whats yours??" she asked and i let out a sigh of relief.

"chemistry..." i said and she nodded her head.

"well...imma go find zarek." she said and i cut my eyes at her.

"zaki-"

"byeee love youuu." she said before quickly walking away.

"gonna fuckin snitch." i mumbled as i continued walking to class.

i looked down at my phone then got pushed into a locker,"ohhh shit i'm so sorry..." i heard as i looked up and saw tyheem.

i didn't say anything as i fixed my bookbag,"you good-"

"no im sorry foreal mane i ain't even see you there." he said and i laughed looking at his face.

why he looked so scared,"calm down looks like you finna shit on yourself." i said.

"you don't know zarek hell..." he said before laughing and i felt my heart stop for a minute at the mention of his name.

"oh..." i mumbled then continued walking.

he was right, i don't know zarek

ꕥꕥꕥ

"mmm...i seen zoey scared yo lil ass earlier." i heard jersey say as i stuffed books in my locker.

"really not in the mood..." i mumbled walking past her but she blocked my path.

"look, imma tell you sumn zarek would never like a gay ass nigga like you okay?? stay away from him and let me work my magic." she said and started messing with her outfit.

damn zarek everybody and they damn mama want you huh-

"the fact you'd think he'd want you is funny?? haven't you been rejected by him multiple times?" i asked holding my head to the side and she scoffed.

"he's just playing hard to get." she said pulling her skirt up even higher.

i rolled my eyes before she pushed me into the locker, "watch your back amory.." she said before she started walking up the hall.

straight to zarek fine ass...

she started talking to him while twirling her hair and he scrunched up his face.

he looked at me but i quickly broke eye contact and continued on walking to the lunchroom.

"remember what i said baby..." i heard zoey whisper as she walked past me and faked a smile.

i sighed before sitting at an empty table, i knew it wasn't used much.

i pulled my hoodie over my head and turned my music all the way up before laying my head down.

i sighed as i got that all too familiar feeling...

i'm slipping back into that dark hole i fought so hard to get out of...

i started messing with the rose quartz around my neck and found myself smiling a little.

when i go back home i gotta do some incense cleansing

i looked up and saw zakiya staring at me, i turned down my music then she started speaking.

"why you ain't sitting with us??" she asked and i looked over at the table and they were all looking at me.

i watched as zoey sat by zarek and he mugged her, she whispered something in his ear.

he raised his eyebrow as she got up but he soon followed her out the cafeteria.

i sighed and saw zakiya's eyes were also watching what i just watched,"him??" she asked and i shook my head no.

"it's not just him it's- nothing...zakiya i'm just not feeling well today." i said.

she sat down beside me,"i know your lying and don't wanna be bothered...but imma just sit with you for a few minutes and if you really want me to leave i will..." she said and i nodded my head.

i laid my head back down and got on my phone.

zarek: yo
zarek: why you been avoiding me all day??
zarek: bruh just talk to me amory please
zarek: did i do something??
zarek: at least let me know sumn amory

-k

zarek: k??? amory what the fuck

i left him on read then went to netflix to watch a movie.