Chapter 1: Nandini

Start from the beginning

"Sorry sorry" they move back and finally I let out a relief. "Where is Cabir?" I ask them

"We don't know, we came here straight from work" abhimanyu replies

"Nandini isse accha toh tune koi ladka pata liya hota, at least he would be on time. Cabir humesha late karta hai" mukti says and nudges me

"Not this again" I roll my eyes at her, the way mukti and everyone is after me to get a boyfriend they would set me up on dates with random guys but I would end up coming back home in less than an hour.

"Hi monkey" my face lightens up as I hear cabirs voice, I turn around to him standing there with navya a huge smile appears on my face seeing them. Yup he calls me monkey.

I run to Cabir jumping on him wrapping my arms around him "cabiirrrr" I shout grabbing everyone's attention, there is nothing that will make me happier than seeing my brother Cabir. He meant everything to me.

"Main bhi hoon!" Navya speaks, I laugh and hug navya tightly.

"God I missed you guys so much!" I hold both of their hands "but you're never on time" I gaze at Cabir.

"Sorry Nandu, you know how Cabir is iski meetings khatam hi nahi hoti" navya taunts Cabir

"Okay and? What about you? Tum ready thi?" Cabir eyes navya

"The point here is that you're late and I'm late because of you" navya argues

"Okay stop stop" I interrupt before they start another war here. I look around behind them hoping that one person I want here shows up, but I know I shouldn't expect anything as I've been getting disappointed ever since.

"So uhm" I clear my throat "dad isn't here?"

Cabir and navya eye each other, I can sense something is not right and they are about to shoot me with another lie. Mukti and alya too feel the same as they look at each other after the question I asked.

"Dad had a urgent meeting to go, he even told me ki he wanted to come but last minute it came up and you know—"

"Yup like always some meetings came up.." I nod trailing away. My relationship with my dad was really complicated, to be honest I don't even know how to explain it like he never pays attention when it comes to me. He has missed every special moment of mine.. my birthdays, my first day at school, parent teacher interviews, when I first went London, my graduation every thing that meant special to me and would be more special if he was present he missed it and probably only came to see me once in London that was only because one of his meeting was there. Those were the times when I used to miss my Mumma a lot, she passed away when I was 8 you can say from then Cabir was more like a father to me than my own father which sounds bitter but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong I still love him respect him he is my father after all but it upsets me.

"Nandu he will see you when he's home, and yeh sab chodh na I made you your favourite pasta so let's go home!" navya stands beside me wrapping her arms around me.

"Yes" I give her a small smile. She turns around and looks at mukti, alya, abhimanyu and Dhruv standing watching us "you guys carry on with your date" she winks at them

"What date?" Mukti looks at abhimanyu

"A date I planned for you of course" he shakes his head at her, mukti was flattered by this gesture.

"I can come along though" alya pouts

"Nahi!" Dhruv shouts but stops realising his surroundings "I mean we are going on a dinner too" Alya blushes

"It's called a date" mukti speaks

"Not really, I mean we can have dinner with friends right" alya shrugs her shoulders, I nod agreeing with her