Chapter 25: Nandini

Ring ring ring

My eyes shot open to the sound of the alarms as it rang closely to my ears. I sit up looking around remembering I was sleeping in Manik's room which reminded me last night—probably the best night of my life leaving me wanting for more.

I realised manik wasn't here next to me and neither was in the bathroom as it was slight open.

Where is he?

My phone beeps suddenly as I grab to look at the message which popped up and surprisingly it was from manik.

Manik- I'm sorry sweetheart had to leave for an important meeting early in the morning, didn't want to wake you up because you seemed tired.

I smile reading the text, it was so thoughtful of him in every way. Him wanting to let me sleep and messaging me that he had to leave early otherwise I would probably start wondering and overthinking.

Me- it's okay, yes I was tired thank you for not waking me up.

I add a laughing and send it to him as his message comes straight away.

Manik- I'll take that as a compliment, I was good at my part.

I blush at his text, god if only I could put it in words how last night was.

Me- so full of yourself.

I send it adding a rolling eyes emoji, it was around 7am and I was well and truely going to be late for work but texting back and forth with manik was worth it. But he didn't text back this time instead he called me.

"Aren't you in a meeting?" I say as I pick up

"Just finished, how you feeling? Does it hurt? Call a day off today—I'll take you out for lunch" manik talks non stop "and I'm sorry for leaving you in the morning, I wish this meeting didn't come up"

"Relax manik it's okay and yes I'm tired, it does hurt but it'll be fine and no I can't mujhe mere boss ko jawab dena padta hai unlike you being your own boss " I tell him

"So what? Let me take care of that—plus doctor Mehra is a nice guy"

"Wait tumhe Kaise Pata? Do you know him?" I ask being curious.

There was a long pause and then a sigh as he spoke "remember I got my blood reports done with him" oh right yes, his blood reports.

"Oh shit right" I nod "Waise tumne breakfast kiya?" I ask him.

"No" he replies so casually

"Mujhe Pata tha" I shake my head holding the phone "if you don't send me a photo of you eating breakfast in one hour, then uhmmm you aren't touching me till the end of this month"

"What the fuck? Where did that come from?" I could hear manik sitting up in this chair taken back.

"You skip your meals too much I don't like it, so yes yeh ek rule hai of dating me—if you skip your meal then you won't get to touch me" I tell him "also I'm not joking about this okay—jab bhi Tum khaana khaane betho, I need a before and after photo with your food"

"God I feel like I'm married" he says as I chuckle

"See benefits of dating me, you get two in one—a girlfriend and a wife" I reply, without even paying attention that maybe I'm getting late for work.

"Never knew that I would have someone who would boss me around like I do in my company" manik says as I let out a laugh.

"Ab Pata chala how they feel —Lekin ek hi difference hai, I don't make a khadus boss"