Chapter 11: Nandini

It was around 4pm and the gala was set to start around 6, I didn't have any outfit picked yet—it was stressing me out like crazy, why did Cabir have to put this responsibility on me.

I throw all my clothes out one by one trying to find something decent from my wardrobe. Fuck there's nothing to wear.

"Pata tha Tumne apna room ka aisa hi haal kiya hoga!" Alya and mukti walk in

I roll my eyes at them, both of them knew how much I hated going to events and especially it always hard for me to choose something to wear.

"I can't find anything" I move my clothes aside from the bed and sit on it with no hope at all.

"We know babes, issiliye we got you this dress for today" alya pulls out a bag from behind and hands it over to me, my face lights up immediately seeing the dress.

"Oh my god! This dress is so beautiful!" I stand up in excitement jumping while putting the dress against my body to see how it looks. I look at alya and mukti who were really happy to see me finally finding something to wear.

"Glad you liked it—humhe bohot waqt laga Ek dress dhoodne mein tumhare liye" mukti stands on my side putting her hand on my shoulders.

"Right, Kyunki humari behen bohot hi picky hai" alya comes on the other side as both of them squeeze me.

"You know I love you guys" I say looking at them one my one.

"We know" they say together taking me in a group hug. I felt guilty for not telling them about yesterdays panic attack but I didn't want them to get worried because they know how much effect it has on me afterwards and they would even cancel going to the gala because of me. Most importantly telling about mine and Manik's moments yesterday I wasn't ready to tell them, not yet—about how I felt when I was with him yesterday, when he calmed me down and we watched movies together both of them will definitely tease me till I die.

"Okay anyways we only have like 1 hour and 30 mins left we better start getting ready" alya says looking at the clock

"Kaafi time hai abhi" I shake my head looking at her

"Right mujhe toh sirf 30 mins lagage" mukti adds on

"Whatever I'm going—Mujhe time lagta hai" she gives us a cold shoulder leaving as we laugh.

"Nandini Tu bhi ready ho jaa—abhimanyu is coming to pick us up with Dhruv" mukti gives me a smile.

"Okay" I smile back as she leaves from there. I gather my other clothes first folding them away neatly and putting them back in the wardrobe making sure it was neat as it was before. I take another quick shower just so I can wash my hair, it's an old habit I have that I always need to wash my hair again before going out no matter how good it looks.

I come out trying to wear the dress as my hair was dripping wet against back—I love this dress but out of all the dresses why did they have to choose backless with strings it is way too hard for me. I decide to dry my hair a little first so it's not completely wet while I wait for one of the girls to come in and help me with the strings so my dress doesn't fall off any minute.

I hear knock on my door—about time thank god one of them showed up.

"Come in" I reply while trying to fix my dress from the back, i head footsteps assuming it would be either mukti or alya so I don't look up.

"Alya mukti? Which one of youse decided this dress—iski back strings kitni difficult hai my hands are tired please help me!" I say still trying to tie the strings.

I hear no response but a cold hand touches my bare back which sends shivers down my spine—it was like a masculine hand that touched me, my heart felt like it just stopped as i turned around seeing manik standing in front of me wearing a slim fit burgundy three piece suit, the inside shirt he was wearing was silk black which matched perfectly with the colour of his suit. And oh my he was looking handsome as ever, this colour suits him so much.