Chapter 35: Manik

I checked the tablet on the plane, exactly 10 hours and 35 mins till we reach the destination. Which means that much time with Nandini, I was going to do anything to win her back and I mean anything.

I know nothing justifies for what I have done, I'm not condemning it either but I really regret it doing that and I really really love Nandini and she's the only one I can see my future for.

"The flight will be taking off in exactly 5 minutes, please make sure your seat belts are on and please remain seated till the flight is in the air" there was an announcement as one of the flight attendants tells us about the emergency exits and how to tie and untie belts.

I turn to Nandini who had her seat belt on and pulled out a book to read. Hmm she doesn't read books?

"You don't read books"

She closed her book in frustration "did I say you can talk to me?"

"Don't tell me ki ab main tumse baat bhi nahi kar sakta, this flight is so long I'll be bored" I turn around to her.

"Maine nahi bola tumhe to sit next to me in this flight and be bored, feel free to leave" she opens her book again giving it more attention than me.

"I'm never leaving you"

She looks at me for a moment analysing my face "Than deal with this" she scoffs

"The flight is about to take off please have your seat belts on" there's another announcement as the the flight attendants comes to check around to see if people have their belts on properly. One of the flight attendants stops by me.

"Oh my god! Are you manik Malhotra?!" She says with excitement

"Uhm yes?"

"I'm a huge fan of you!" She stops by to chat as if she doesn't have to check others seat belts.

"Thanks but I'm not an actor or anything—" I try to show disinterest as much as possible.

"But you are one of the most richest successful businessman in such a young age that's an achievement" she speaks like a fan girl.

"Really? Didn't know I was this famous" I turn around and grin at Nandini who rolls her eyes at me shaking her head at me.

"You are sir! Anyways hope you are comfortable on this flight, Kuch bhi chahiye I'm around the corner" she smiles flirtatiously.

"Sure, uhm actually—I want a glass of water" I speak

"Sure sir, I will get it"

"Please make sure it's room temperature, my girlfriend here doesn't drink cold water" I clear my throat pointing at Nandini.

"I'm not your girlfriend!" Nandini's voice comes from beside, she sounds irritated.

"Oh shit I keep forgetting, we just got engaged yesterday so I meant fiancé" I smile at Nandini then the flight attendant.

"Wh—" Nandini was about to say something else but I put my hand over hers shutting her up.

"Okay well the flight is about to depart I can get you water once the plane is in the air" with that she walks away.

"Why the hell did you tell her I'm your girlfriend!"

"Fiancé" I correct her

"Whatever" she was getting annoyed, this was probably the only way she was talking to me but at least she was.

"Look clearly she was flirting with me I wasn't interested mujhe toh Bas usse batana tha I'm taken"

"No you're not, at least not by me should've just gave her a chance" she argues