Chapter 4: Nandini

"Oh god no!" I look at Cabir and navya, who were sitting in front of me like they were giving me the mother father talk.

"Yes yes yes!" Both of them said together, I rolled my eyes at them taking a long deep breath, they really said they going to make manik move in here because they don't want me to be alone like look don't get me wrong I appreciate it so much but I want to learn to be dealing it with myself I know it's hard for me since my nightmares are so frequent but it's a challenge you know.

"I don't need a babysitter I'm fine, I'm old enough to handle myself" I argue, I know that here I'm losing once again but what's there in trying right?

"He's not going to babysit you Nandini, Bas yaha aake rahega so our house stays safe too" Cabir looks at him trying to convince me

"And you trust him?" I look at him, I know it was a stupid question to ask of course he trusts manik, that's his best friend. If either one of them were another gender they would've been married with two kids by now.

"Of course, see he knows that you're my sister so he won't ever cross his boundaries" Cabir looks at navya then me. For a moment I did think of manik like that but yeah Cabir is right he would never think of me like that.

"And Nandini agar tum yaha safe rahogi toh waha hum kaam kar payenge otherwise we both will be worried about you" navya adds. Okay true, I don't want them to not focus on their work and mess it up because of me.

"Okay, I'm agreeing because of you guys warna manik bohot rude hai, he's so full of himself too I can't stand him for like 1 minute let alone 1 month but I'll try my best" I let out a sigh, they looked happy to hear a yes from me but honestly I was scared manik was kind of the guy who can fuck you over and not even care a single bit, he was not the type of guy to be in a serious relationship and get married instead he was a heartbreaker.

"Thank you for agreeing and not acting too stubborn" Cabir and navya smile at me like they've won some trophy or something.

"I'm going sleep now" I get up and leave to my room, I couldn't get it out of my mind that manik will be staying here for a while freaking month, I do have mukti and alya around but only till night because they start their internship tomorrow and they are doing night shifts while me I'm stuck alone in the morning shifts.

———

"Mumma please! What happened Mumma please! Mumma!" All I can see in blood everywhere, my image starts to get blurry and I start to lose the sight of my mother who was clear in one bit but gone in seconds

"M-Mumma al-always loves you" I hear her words which sounded like she was trying to breathe through them

"Please Don't leave me Mumma" my tears blur my vision more, it was getting dark I could barely see anything  "I can't see you, please come back"

"Mumma please! Mumma! No! No! No! Stop please don't take her!" the long loud cries.

In a few moments I started to feel like I was drowning, I could see water levels around me get higher, Above my head I felt like I stopped breathing, I couldn't breathe. I see a hand in sight who grabbed me.

"MUMMAAA!" I start panting and gasping for hair, I look around to find me in my room. Another nightmare. The tears stroll down my cheek continuously and I don't even bother to wipe them away. My face has panic all over it, the room felt like it was going around in circles with my head pounding like crazy, I felt like I was getting choked the breathing for heavier and heavier.

"Nandini?!" I hear a few concerned voices heading towards me, I look up trying to get a hold of my self, the panic attack was getting worse. Cabir, navya, mukti and alya run to me jumping on my bed to hold me to calm down.