Chapter 14: Nandini

"Are you okay?" Manik breaks the silence while he continues to drive taking me god knows where.

"Yeah I'm fine" I nod "Where are we going?" I ask him again being the impatient girl I was.

"This place" he says. Ugh why can't he just answer me like a normal civilised person.

"Does the place have a name?" I ask raising my eyebrows looking at this direction, he turns towards me giving a glare which meant it was time for me to shut up. Okay noted.

He stopped at this place to pick up something which obviously I didn't bother asking this time because I knew he wouldn't say something.

It wasn't long before he stopped at this place, a very quiet place there was hardly people around actually none to be specific. We both get out of the car as the cold breeze hits me, fuck my jacket I forgot it in abhimanyu's car when we came to the gala together.

The place was like a garden, it looks like a private garden like those places that people own which you can't enter in specific times or without permission. He opens the gate to it, as we walk in and oh my god the garden was beautiful, so many different types of beautiful flowers and a mini lake in the middle.

We sit on the bench which was on the side. I rub my arms together radiating heat as it was quiet cold with me wearing a sleeveless dress it was more like freezing.

"Here take my blazer" he offers taking his blazer off

"No no it's okay itni bhi thand nahi lag rahi hai" I say as try to control my teeth grinding due to the cold.

"Listen to others for once" he rolls his eyes, and wraps his blazer around me which instantly gave me warmth.

"Thank you" I reply politely.

He pulls something out of his pocket as I look towards it "give me your hand"

"Kyu?" I ask. I mean I was just curious why he wanted my hand all of the sudden.

"You ask too many questions" he grabs my hand for me without sallowing me to speak. It was some ointment that he was holding where did he get that from?. Manik takes some on his fingers and rubs it on my wrist which was stinging like crazy from that psycho gripping on to it.

My arm flinches a little as the cream felt cold and it hurt against the wound, manik stops and looks towards me "does it hurt alot?" He asks with a worried look. Does he really care about me like this?

"Thoda thoda" I reply. I look at manik who was carefully applying the ointment on my hand, he didn't seem like the guy who breaks hearts but to me he seemed like the guy who Mends them, why does the world see manik differently then I do? Or does he act different around me? I could see the care in his eyes, the anger he had against that guy who was trying to assault me.

"Tum bahar Kya kar rahi thi? Alone at night at the back of the hall?" He asks while he applies the ointment making me jump out of my thoughts instantly.

"Cabir called me—andar sunai nahi de raha tha toh issiliye main bahar aa gayi to talk phir Pata nahi Woh kaha se aa gaya and—" my voice cracks towards the end remembering the incident.

"Don't worry, Woh kabhi wapas pareshaan nahi karega" manik assures "I'll fucking kill him if he does"

"But how did you find me?" I ask him tilting my head a little.

"Maine tumhe bahar jaate dekha and then minutes later I saw that asshole go to behind you, so I followed him out Kyunki mujhe laga ki Woh Kuch na Kuch zaroor karega" manik narrates "and of course I was right"