"I'm sure I do."

"And what exactly does that mean?"

With a sigh, Harry elaborated, "As you said, I'm worth over a billion dollars. My family's been in the city for over a century, and my father is an asshole. I'm sure there are people who hate us."

"Enough to burn down your house and murder one of Queenstown's best detectives who seemingly has no connection to you in your penthouse?"

"Isn't that what your job is?" He asked, raising one eyebrow at the woman.

"I guess I'm just having a hard time connecting the dots. Why Detective Waterford? Why your house while everyone in the city knew where you were?"

He glanced down at his watch, the very one his wife had gotten him. He hadn't gone a day without it secured around his wrist. Annoyance flared in him. This wasn't an official interrogation. Detective Gold had contacted him this morning to see if he could come by the precinct to answer a few more questions, but the longer this went on the more the veil dropped. Harry knew what this was, and what she suspected.

He met her eyes once more, "Someone trying to ruin my reputation? We're currently in talks to merge with another company, so this will definitely slow the process-"

"And the fire is in response to the one downtown?"

"The one downtown?" He played stupid.

Detective Gold leaned forward casually, "The one off Calder?"

"I thought they ruled that as an accident?"

"It might be." She shrugged.

"Right." Harry replied dryly, "I don't know what to tell you, Detective Gold. I have no clue why anyone would be doing this to us. Ivy and I just want a peaceful life together. We want this solved as much as you."

"I'm sure."

Once again, they fell into silence. A game of chicken that Harry was unwilling to lose. No matter how much of a waste of time this was for him, when he himself could be tracking down who the fuck was messing with him, he would sit here all day before giving her an inch.

Finally, Gold continued her questioning, "The officer you and your wife spoke to said that after hearing about your new home, you decided to stay at your place?" Harry nodded. "You stopped at your wife's first, though."

"Yes, she wanted to grab some clothes and since her stuff was destroyed in the fire."

"And you didn't find anything weird?"

"What do you mean?"

"I think it's interesting that whoever is targeting you knew you would be going back to your penthouse."

"You seem to think a lot of things."

She breathed out a laugh, "I mean, if it were me..." The deep brown of her eyes found his. "I would want to maximize my chances. The odds of you going back to yours was fifty-fifty. If you would have stayed at Ivy's on the Southside of Main, you wouldn't have found Detective Waterford."

"I guess they were lucky." Was what Harry said.

"So, you didn't see anything out of the ordinary at her place?"

"No."

"Would you mind if we take a look?" She asked with an innocent tone, "Just to make sure."

He tapped his finger on the arm of the chair. "You would need to ask my wife. It's her property."

"Surely, it's both of yours since you're married?"

A short, humorless laugh escaped him, "You haven't met my wife, have you, Detective Gold?"