𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐 , riddled

Start from the beginning

"Stiles?" Kinsey shouted desperately after him. "Stiles, where are you? Stiles!" 

The brunette tossed and turns in her sheets, kicking them until they were pulled off of the wolf who lay beside her, immediately waking him up with a groan, complaining that he was cold. As he sat up, pulling the covers from the bottom of the bed the girl continued tossing and turning beside him, noticing how she was mumbling in her sleep. He couldn't quite make out what she was saying as he placed a hand on her arm, trying to comfort her, but as he felt her ice-cold skin he sharply snatched it back, looking at it with eyes as wide as UFOs. He knew that he had felt a slight cold when she kicked the sheets off of them, but nowhere near as cold as his girlfriend. 

Just as Isaac was about to place a hand on her again to nudge her awake, ready to ask her if she wanted another layer to keep her warm tonight, the girl shot upright screaming Stiles's name breathlessly. As soon as Stiles's name had left her mouth, his own had been shouted from down the hall followed by Kinsey's name as he shouted for the two of them to get up, already able to hear the sound of his dresser drawers slamming open and closed as he rushed to find clothes to replaced his pajamas. The two scrambled out of bed, running to get to Scott's bedroom, as the door swung open Scott looked at them both, opening his mouth to speak.

"Stiles?" Isaac spoke before he could.

Scott's brow furrowed as he stood straight, asking how he knew it was Stiles. Isaac turned to his girlfriend without another word, both of their eyes widened as they looked at the girl standing in his doorway, though the fact she stood in nothing more than one of her boyfriend's oversized t-shirts might have explained why she had been cold in bed, it didn't explain why there was a tint of blue to her lips, why she stood with her arms wrapped around her trembling, on the edge of becoming hypothermic. The girl didn't need to see the look of shock on the wolf's face to know that something was wrong with her, she could feel it, her eyes stung, she couldn't tell whether it was from crying or the smell that was burning both them and her nostrils.

The two boys rushed around Kinsey trying to find themselves and her some clothes that would keep her from being pushed over the edge and into hypothermia while she stood wrapping her arms tightly around her, trying to keep herself warm, trying to ignore the smell that continued to burn her nose. She didn't understand how the two rushing around didn't have watery eyes, they both had an enhanced sense of smell, surely it had a much worse effect on them than it did her. 

Once Kinsey was dressed in two jumpers, a jacket, her own jeans, and two pairs of thermal socks beneath her converse, the three of them rushed downstairs prepared to head to Stiles's house as the first place to look for him, hoping that he had just called Scott in his sleep, that he had been having a bad dream and Kinsey had somehow got sucked into it once again with her abilities. It had officially been claimed as her least desirable ability, even finding dead bodies alongside her redhead best friend was more appealing than being in other people's nightmares, it was never a dream filled with sunshine and rainbows, only ever nightmares. As if the life she led wasn't one big nightmare within itself. 

At the sound of a dirtbike helmet dropping on the floor, Kinsey and Isaac stopped in their tracks, quickly turning to look at Scott who had his phone pressed against his ear. "Hey, Stiles." The wolf answered his phone, the other two quickly rushed towards him, Kinsey pressed her ear against the other side of the phone, listening closely to the call. 

"Did you call him? Did you call my dad?" Stiles asked frantically.

"No. Just Isaac and Kinsey. We're coming to find you." Scott reassured him. "Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look."

"It's a basement." He mumbled. "I don't know, some kind of basement."

Kinsey took the phone from Scott, taking it into her own hands to get a better description of where Stiles found himself, the two were able to listen through enhanced sense, while she had nothing. The girl asked questions, trying to get a better feel for where he was. The basement wasn't in a house it was too industrial, bigger than the average basement. He thought there was a furnace, but it was cold, freezing to be precise. Scott and Isaac looked at the girl with a tint of blue on her lips, she was definitely connected to him somehow, she was feeling how he felt, the coldness that he felt on his skin. That had been all he was able to tell the girl before insisting he needed to turn the phone off, that it was going to die.