𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐 , riddled

Start from the beginning

"What gets bigger the more you take away?" The figure asked hoarseness to their voice, it was how she had always imagined zombies to sound if they were real and capable of speaking a full sentence, she knew she shouldn't have agreed to watch that movie with Allison last week.

"A hole." The brunette answered in a mumble. 

"What gets wetter the more it dries?" It asked again. Another riddle.

"A towel." She replied.

"When is a door not a door?"

The brunette froze, her brows furrowed as she answered the riddle under her breath. When it was ajar. She remembered one of Stiles's hallucinations that he had told her about, how once he had walked into class, he had been sitting like she was now, paying no attention, and in that off chance he looked up, everyone around him had been asking him that same riddle, only then, it was in sign language. That had been the very thing that lead Deaton to tell them to shut the door that lead to their minds, something all three of them had successfully done while saving Malia. It was that memory that made the brunette begin to grow suspicious of her surroundings, for the first time since her name had been called, she took a second to look around the room, expecting it to be filled with fellow students waiting for Mr. Yukimura to teach them. But instead, it was just her and Stiles still, he continued looking forward at the board, almost still. Almost. All apart from how he shivered. Trembled actually, less in a way of fear, but more so in pain. 

Her name sounded through her ears again as she turned back to the front of the class, the figure that stood with its back to them repeated his riddle, the one she had missed, too busy looking at her surroundings. Everyone has it but no one can lose it. The girl stammered for words, unable to think of the answer, she tried to think, reaching her mind for the answer but it was hard to do when she felt like something was wrong, very wrong. He asked her again, waiting for her to tell him the answer, but she was left speechless, unable to find it within her mind. 

The girls' breaths become heavy, she could see it in front of her, as if she was outside on a cold winter's night, not like she was sat in a heated school in a long-sleeved thermal at the beginning of November. Kinsey began to shiver, trembling like the boy beside her. She turned to him again, this time Stiles was looking straight at her, his eyes were glossed over with tears, looking at her with desperation. The voice at the front of the class spoke again, repeating the riddle louder, it was beginning to grow agitated with her lack of response. Her name was called again, this time from the boy who sat beside her, she quickly turned to look at the boy with wide sorrowful eyes. 

"Come find me." Stiles's shakily whispered. "Please come find me."

Kinsey struggled to speak as she shook her head in confusion, unable to understand what was going on, she turned to the front of the class, watching as the figure dragged the chalk against the chalkboard making a blood-curling squeal sound. A sob broke out beside her, turning her attention back to Stiles once again, he sobbed loudly in her ears as he reached down to his ankle trying to free himself from the steel trap wrapped around it. Kinsey jumped out of her seat with a scream, horrified at the sight in front of her, all the blood on the floor and on Stiles. 

"Everyone has it but no one can lose it, what is it, Kinsey?" The figure at the front of the class repeated once again, pausing its bandaged hand, stopping the squealing of the chalk against the board. "Answer it and I'll help you find him." He teased her as she looked back to Stiles. 

But he was gone. She could still hear his pained cry in her ears as she looked around the room, almost giving herself whiplash as she kept sharply turning her head to try and find Stiles within the room, but he was nowhere to be seen, only to be heard. Kinsey looked at the windows as they iced over, the temperature of the room dropping colder by the second. Her hand were red raw, shaking profusely as she looked down at them with tears in her eyes.