𝐱𝐱𝐢. WHY, WHAT AND WHO?

・゚ೃ⁀➷ 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇
WHY, WHAT AND WHO?

⠀⠀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

⠀⠀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘. Passed away seemed more tactful than murdered in front of her niece and boyfriend so that's what she told everyone when they asked about her family from Gotham. Bruce had told her she should go back to Central City, he'd seen Barry and Lizzie at the funeral — with Joe and Iris — he didn't talk to them, he just told her she should leave. 

⠀⠀Serenity didn't remember what she'd told Barry then, she remembered hugging him close to her chest and kissing his forehead. They hadn't lost contact till then, not until after the funeral, the day she'd decided no one was safe knowing her. She remembered crying, Barry must have thought it was for Aunt Rose, but she'd already screamed and wailed for that, then it was just because she knew this would be the last time she'd see her family. She'd given Lizzie a coin, a silver one, something Bruce had given as both a joke and a gift. It was a rare collectible, she sometimes wondered if she still had it.

⠀⠀After the funeral, Serenity told Bruce she was his responsibility. 

⠀⠀He closed his eyes and wrapped her in his arms. He didn't cry, Serenity had never seen her adoptive father cry. Except once when she'd seen tear tracks across his cheeks when she awoke from Ivy's poison - some pheromone that made her so aggressive she didn't even remember anything she said when she woke up — Bruce would mention years after the incident — after Jason died, after the Titans disbanded, after Mockingbird fell, just before Artemis rose from those ashes — that she'd told him that he ruined her life. Jason had been kept out of the infirmary, Alfred had been requested to not come in as well, Dick hadn't looked her in the eye for weeks after it now that she recalled — she was scared to ask what she'd told him — she hadn't spoken to Batgirl or Barbara for weeks after that. So, yeah, Serenity was pretty sure Ivy was her least favorite person after hearing about this — she topped Condiment King and Talia al Ghul on that list, so that was an honor of its own — and somehow Serenity understood what Bruce had felt when she'd told him that.

⠀⠀She wasn't a parent, but she was a mentor. And a sister.

⠀⠀And Lizzie, her baby sister, sat in the Arrowcave, hurt and tired both emotionally and physically and it was all because Deathstroke hated her. She'd talked to Bruce about this, and Barry, and Oliver, and they'd all given her the same advice. So Serenity did what she thought was best — and selfishly what she wanted — and now Lizzie was hurt.

⠀⠀Sister of the Fucking Year.

⠀⠀Roy had wrapped her in his hoodie, now he wore another one. She'd tried to get him to buy something other than red when he first came to live with her but he'd pointed out to her apartment and reminded her of her obsession with the color red — which is untrue, Serenity had an aesthetic which scarlet and silver, not an obsession if you opened her wardrobe — so she'd let him make his own choices. Bruce had done just that with her, her relationship with Roy had always been bordering on motherhood but at the end of the day he was her little brother, and vice versa.