𝐱𝐢. SECRETS COME TO LIGHT

・゚ೃ⁀➷ 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇
SECRETS COME TO LIGHT

⠀⠀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐙𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓-𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 at some point during the conversation

⠀⠀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐙𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓-𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 at some point during the conversation. Or rather the one-sided conversation where she'd heard what was an abridged version of her sister's life since their mother's death. And the information was overloading her brain.

⠀⠀"You're Artemis?"

⠀⠀Serenity looked relatively calm, but her eyes betrayed her. Lizzie had seen a similar look in the mirror when she was internally freaking the fuck out and trying not to show it, "This might be hard to believe-"

⠀⠀"Not really . . ." Barry had worked with the Arrow and Artemis, Barry had worked with Serenity. And if the conversation about Oliver was also anything to go by then . . . "Is your boyfriend the Arrow?"

⠀⠀"He's not my boyfriend, per se," Serenity said sheepishly, she sounded like Barry did whenever someone asked him if he was dating Iris, "It's a ruse. We needed a cover to meet for our night jobs in the day and other members of the team already worked with Oliver professionally, so I was the only one who needed a reason. So we faked dating, which was easy enough than me getting a job at Queen Consolidated."

⠀⠀"So he is the Arrow?" Lizzie's mind exploded. Billionaire, playboy Oliver Queen was the Arrow. 

⠀⠀Holy fucking shit.

⠀⠀"You can't tell anyone," Serenity pleaded, "Please."

⠀⠀"I've read comics so I think I get that. Secret identity, your secret is safe with me," Lizzie nodded, trying to let all of this wash over her, "And Bruce Wayne is Batman?"

⠀⠀"Yep." Serenity's life as a vigilante had started six months after she moved to Gotham, and then she'd started working with Batman and then she'd been adopted by Bruce Wayne two years later . . .

⠀⠀That was a little harder to believe, but somehow, Lizzie digested it. 

⠀⠀"You were  . . . Batgirl and Mockingbird?" 

⠀⠀"Uh, Mockingbird was permanent, formerly. OG Batgirl had to leave for some high-graded internship at Ivy for a year and she was a big deal in Gotham so I filled in the shoes while she was gone. Well, it stretched for six more months but, hey, it was kinda fun."

⠀⠀"And Batman's your Joe?" 

⠀⠀"Joe's works for the law and Bruce breaks it every night," Serenity raised an eyebrow, "That's hardly a comparison." 

⠀⠀"Yeah, but, like your dad is Batman," Lizzie waved her arms, "How . . . weird is that!"

⠀⠀Serenity's lips curled up, "Believe it or not, he's a good dad."