"So how many can I go with? It's okay if only six go? Or five? Why are you hung up on the fact there are seven of them?"

"It doesn't have to do with the number. It is that they are all young men, Madison."

Maddy frowned, "So you want me to ask if you can go? Or who do you want to go with us?"

Maddy's mom shook her head, "No, you are missing the point. We are obviously not going camping. I'm sorry, but a group of boys between the ages of seventeen and twenty-two is not appropriate company for a high school girl."

Maddy was getting frustrated now, her parents had rarely told her 'no' before and she really didn't like this feeling. "So because they don't have a sister, I can't go, is that what you are saying? Or is it because they don't have parents? You know they can't control who is in their family, right Mom?"

"Mads, we aren't blaming them, we are just saying that you can't go with them. You will have to sit this one out. It isn't a punishment, we just aren't comfortable with it." Maddy's mom was trying to be diplomatic about the way she said it. Neither her nor her husband liked to deny Madison anything. After nearly losing her to cancer when she was nine, they wanted their daughter to live life to the fullest. But they really needed to put their foot down this time, for their daughter's safety.

This was unacceptable to Maddy, and she decided she better fight this or they would likely continue to restrict her activities. "What exactly are you worried about happening on this camping trip? Can we start there?"

Her father spoke up then, "We definitely don't need to get into specifics. But, honey, I was a teenage boy once and I know a lot of my friends were thinking of being with girls, all the time. And they weren't the most wholesome thoughts. So let's just let this one go. You may not even like camping anyway."

Maddy's mouth was set into a determined line. In her mind this was an injustice to be righted. "How do I know if I don't like camping if I don't try it? Besides, I am a good girl. I haven't ever done anything to break your trust. Heck, I haven't even kissed a boy yet and that is not because I haven't had the opportunity. I'm getting lots of love confessions every day at school and I've been turning them down. But if you don't even trust me, then why am I trying to be good?"

Maddy's mom tipped her head to the side, "Come on Sweetheart. We know you are a good girl. It isn't that we don't trust you. We just think this situation could make temptations flourish. Let's just drop it and move on, shall we? It is just one camping trip. We've almost never told you 'no', this can be one of the few times, right?"

Maddy had no intention of dropping anything. She felt the tears threatening at the back of her eyes. "You know, a lot of girls my age have not only kissed many boys but also had sex with them. I planned to wait but you need to know, I could lose my virginity this week if I wanted. There are lots of boys at school that would be willing to be with me." 

Her parents gasped in shock at this statement which only egged Maddy on. "Oh is my language shocking to you?! Well, if you don't trust me enough to go camping with my friends, then I could turn into a bad girl real quick. Is that what you want?!" Maddy had tears streaming down her cheeks now.

Her tears did not keep her dad's anger at bay, "Lee Madison! How dare you threaten that just because we won't let you go camping?! I can't believe my daughter, that I love so much, would say something like that to her parents! I admit, it is partially our fault for not telling you 'no' enough! But this conversation is over. You are going to go calm down and think about what you said. We will talk again tomorrow when we can have a more rational discussion." He shook his head, then added. "And it would be best if Jungkook didn't come over for a while, until you get your thinking straightened out."