Chapter 19

~Luca POV~

Control was something I always had. I steered through life with it, and nothing else. I used it to direct anger towards revenge, and never once let it slip through my fingers unless I was furious beyond compare.

I lost it a few times. Getting revenge for my Mama, and taking down the Bratva when they shot Elmo.

Control in sense of fucking was never an issue. Women crawled towards me on their knees, offered themselves everywhere I went, and the only one I wanted in my bed I couldn't even have.

It was on me. I took a drag from my cigarette, the worst kind of frustration making me stiff. I had a hard on, and was sure it'd fucking explode if I'd spent another second in that car.

I could use the fresh air. She made it so difficult inside, with her soft finger tips and that smell - soft and fruity and sweet. Jesus, I was getting this worked up over something that didn't even happen. As if I hadn't fucked women before, many at once even.

She'd gotten into my head. It was all part of her game and she was winning, no matter how hard I tried to stop her. I'd never lost at anything - never missed my target, gave up on a war, or let anyone push me around. I wasn't going to let her win, or maybe I would, but that'd end up in me fucking her on every surface of my house.

When I sat in the car, I pulled onto the highway not even glancing at her once. She was brooding, with crossed arms and that careless expression. When the car finally stopped outside my home, she got out and stared at it for a while.

Even when I went towards the door and typed in the security code, she remained frozen. "You gonna stand there with your mouth open all day?"

A scoff left her and we both went inside. Her eyes wandered the foyer. Over chandeliers, pillars and visible stories 4 levels up.

As soon as I entered, Lamberto, the guard headed towards me, a panicked look behind his eyes.

"He cause any trouble?"

When his mouth opened to reply, the smashing of glass echoed through the house. Everyone looked towards where the sound was coming from, and I muttered a curse before heading to the kitchen.

Just like her, her brother was collateral damage. He was standing over my maid, who was on the ground with her head covered in blood.

I glanced at what used to be a vase, and haunched over to check her pulse. Dead.

I just hired a new one this morning.

"For fucks sake, you're not supposed to be killing the help."

Carlos ran a hand through his hair, pacing around like a maniac. "I want my drugs Luca give me my fucking drugs!!"

Heels clicked against marble and Nina ran in, staring at the sight with wide eyes. "Carlos."

Of course the first thing she did was hurry towards him and pull him into a hug. "I missed you so much Nina."

"I missed you too. Were you good?" She pulled back and looked at his face, frowning when she saw the bruises. Her glare towards me was sharp. "You hit him?"

"Yeah I fucking hit him."

The kid grew out of control sometimes, his withdrawal made him deranged. Before I could drag the dead body away, he turned towards me. "Luca please you've gotta give me my drugs. Please man."

He was sweaty, and trembling, and had just killed the maid. No way in hell. The only reason I was even getting him off the drugs was because he tried killing his sister, otherwise I wouldn't deal with the idiot. I had seen the bruises on her neck and wasn't fucking stupid.