Chapter 1

Violet's POV

I look out onto the sunset from my open window, the warmth of the sun absorbing into my purple fur. I smile, hearing the birds chirp. I'm so glad the world is so peaceful, with Sonic and his friends helping keep Eggman away from the peaceful people of this town. I flick my ears, hearing a sudden noise. I glance down and see Eggman and Sonic in a fight. Whoa! Here? I rush down and grab my blaster from a hook. Been a while since I last used this. I glance out the window, careful to not let the sun gleam in my eyes. Sonic makes the first attack before something fast knocks him off course. Huh?! A second of the figure standing still, I can tell its Shad- SHADOW?! What's he doing?! Fighting for Eggman?! That couldn't be! Suddenly a few more figures jump in. I'm not too familiar with all of them, but by the looks of them, they were all Sonic's enemies at one point or another. And a final figure floats in, right in front of Sonic. Ok, this guy, I have no idea who he is. But Sonic shrugs it off and runs right at him, who dodges the attack with ease. HUH?! Sonic is the fastest living thing in the world! How is that possible?! The figure continues to attack Sonic with some blasts from his hand... his hand?! Ok, this guy can't be completely organic! One of the bigger figures that appeared then goes in for a punch at Sonic, who blocks it... thankfully. Sonic tries to attack the figure who seems to be the one leading this unfair fight. But to no avail, he ends up getting his butt whooped! WHAT?! NO! Sonic lays there... Not. Moving. I kick open my door and run out, shooting my blaster, aiming for the figure who led this attack. The figure looks at me and I am lifted off the ground. HUH?! I am then shoved to a wall, which results in me losing my blaster and some other civilians fighting back. I make my way behind some rubble, now terrified. What was I thinking!? There would have been no way that I could have survived by myself without a plan! I then hear a voice...

"There's no reason to resist... your saviour is no more." I then hear the sound of screams and cries, and blasts. Oh no! What have I done!? A blaster from a fallen soldier is tossed towards me. I glance at it, before getting up, gripping my side, making an attempt to make another attack. "I can taste your terror, child." I feel my fur rise on end. Is he talking to me?! I look up at the figure as I grab the blaster. "All that anxiety and doubt." I raise my arm, blaster in hand, uncontrollably shaking. I have never felt this scared before... "It's delicious." The figure blasts at my feet, forcing me to fall on my back. Ack! "Give into your fear... flee screaming, and I'll let you live..." My heart rate rises, just as he laughs manically. In my fear, I make a run from it all. My home, my friends... I feel tears starting to sting my eyes. I make it to a safe spot, and I lean against a wall, sliding down. I grip my legs, the tears in my eyes not leaving anytime soon. A second later, I let it all go. All my anger. Sadness. Fear. All of it. Into my screams and tears.