You leave me no choice

It was silent in the room.

I couldn't look away from Kenneth's still face. It didn't seem real that he was actually gone. I caressed his cheeks; he was still warm. 

"That's enough." Ezekiel said. Though he didn't sound as authoritative as before.

I looked at him with as much disgust and hate as I could. His facial expression changed a little as if he felt sorry for me. This only made me more angry.

It only lasted a mere second.

"Get up." He said pointing the gun at me. His face was stone again.

"Or what? You'll kill me too? Do it. I have nothing else to live for." I spat.

Alex knelt next to me. "You have me." He said quickly wiping my tears.

"I'll kill him." Ezekiel said.

I looked at Alex. I couldn't lose two of the people I loved in one day.

I stood up, gently laying Kenneth on the ground. I took off my jacket and laid it over his head and chest.

"This way." Ezekiel ordered.

"Where are we going?" Alex questioned.

Ezekiel ignored him and began down the tunnel. I didn't want to leave Kenneth. I kneeled down again next to him and took his hand in mine.

More tears spilled down my cheeks until I was sobbing over his body again.

Alex wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry." He kept whispering burying his face in my air.

I could barely hear him over my loud sobs. My chest tightened and I gasped for breath, unable to see even a foot in front of me. I clutched my chest, breathing heavily in between sobs.

I shook my head. I was still in denial. None of this seemed real.

I couldn't believe how fast things had progressed. There was so much wrong with what had happened. Kenneth wasn't supposed to die. It should have been me.

This was all my fault. I shouldn't have even allowed him to be dragged into my affairs.

"Aaliyah. We have to go." Alex said.

I ignored him and squeezed Kenneth tighter.

"Aal-"

A shot rang through the air. I sat up straight.

I couldn't lose Alex too.

"I said lets go." Ezekiel ordered holding the gun. He'd only shot the ceiling.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

When we stood in front of him, he scrutinized Alex.

He smirked and turned around without a word.

We silently followed. Alex slipped his hand in mine like he always did when I was upset. Though calling me upset was a bit light. I leaned into his warmth trying to keep myself from crying.

"Aaliyah. You have to breathe." Alex was saying quietly. "You have to breathe or we're both going to die." He said.

But I wasnt listening. I kept imagining myself running back and seeing Kenneth laying there with his eyes open.

Or Kenneth shouting and running to catch up with us.

I needed to stay alert so that I could protect Alex and possibly avenge Kenneth. Though it was hardly plausible that I would be able to outdo the strong guy with the gun.